Shenmue online Project Thread

Hello Modders, today i'm going to post this thread in order to discuss if we could made a fanmade project of the shenmue online.
I am not a modder, but i thing everyone can participate on this project. (Ideas, concepts, gamemodes)

Many of us know that Sega was planning to release a MMORPG game based on Shenmue, called Shenmue Online. Unfortunately the game was cancelled in 2007. We have a trailer and numerous pictures of the character creator mode. But nothing else.

I thing this comunity is big enought to make this project real, i wish everyone can participate on this Thread.

Thank you..

The problem here is IP rights, an online Shenmue type game would be very possible, but it'd need to be more point and click.

A lot of fanmade games actualy had the backup of the creator of the real game, for example the Dragon ball online. The game was shutted down in 2010 but old players made the game work again thanks to modding .
I would thing that sega is a hard company in terms of ip righta, but a fanmade game has no economic porpuses, only fun.
The example of this is the new Sonic Mania games. The project was carried out by sega, the sonic team, and christian whitehead (modder and designer of sonic maps, ports and the sonic mania game). So, anything is possible...

I've played with the idea of learning unreal engine to do an actual HD rehaul of Shenmue to potentially sell to Sega. But I would need a full team for that.

I may code for an online project if you can find some artists and stuff.

I've played with the idea of learning unreal engine to do an actual HD rehaul of Shenmue to potentially sell to Sega. But I would need a full team for that.
That would be awesome, i dont know anything about unreal engine. I've always dreamed of shenmue on a mobile device, maybe a hd port of the game without a dreamcast emulator is the first step for something big

That would be awesome, i dont know anything about unreal engine. I've always dreamed of shenmue on a mobile device, maybe a hd port of the game without a dreamcast emulator is the first step for something big
It would take a long time and be very difficult and surley it would need to be from scratch. D3T had access to stuff we don't.

Back