Shenmue Music Videos

It's not very common any more but there used to me a massive community for anime and game music videos.

I wanted to create this thread to kind of archive any ones relating to Shenmue. If you know of a good one that's not that's not here let me know and I'll get it added.

I'm finding it hard to find some of the older ones I remember as they were from the days before YouTube, hosted on things like the fileplanet servers.

I made a music video back in the day to a song by one of my favourite bands! I noticed the actual songs intro sounds very Shenmue style! And the lyrics go really well to the footage I thought :) -

The Good Old Days of Video Game Fan & Tribute Videos, back in the Day there were especially much Final Fantasy related Videos if I remeber correct.
In the first Video in your List the Monoke Music fits pretty good to Shenmue I think.

Anyway.. at that Time I also made some of these Videos but nothing special, nothing Great.
.. my little Attempt.

Oh gosh, this is really embarrassing for me to share, but like 5 or so years ago when I only had a basic grasp on video editing and no real sense of how a video should be paced, I made a Shenmue music video to 'The Fighter'. It kind of ended up being a bunch of miscilanious Shenmue footage thrown onto a timeline.

I ended up eventually unlisting the video and forgetting about it, but now for a bit of fun, here it is once more:

I like to think my skills have improved massively since then lol.

Shenmue Master of Puppets: I hadn't seen this before. I am glad I have!

Thanks for for all the submissions everyone, I've added them to the main topic.

This one is particularly impressive.

I've got a decent amount of video editing experience, I started many Shenmue videos that I never completed, I always found that they aren't games with a lot of objectively cool action moments to highlight, instead the series is all about this journey you have so much invested in, I struggled to convey that with any attempt I made but the above video has taken a really nice approach with the use of audio and fast cuts, very epic!

This was the last video I started and abandoned. I actually thought as a song it had a lot of potential but I plagiarised almost entirely all the timing from a couple of pretty famous AMVs and wasn't satisfied with that.

Oooh, sounds fun! I made one music video last year but I want to update it with Shenmue 1&2 PS4 graphics, so maybe in the weeks following its release I'll remember to upload it here.

All of these are great, but man @Bambi the Kung Fu Fighting one is just acing all the tests for punctuality and flow. Too good.

Made this in... 2004, I think? I also did one with Godhead's song Dream, but it's not on YouTube and I'm not scouring old hard drives for it.

Back