Shenmue in level creator "DREAMS" (game for PS4)

hi, a game called dreams is releasing for PS4, you may have heard of it, it allows people to make custom levels of pretty much anything, it is like a game creator engine but on smaller scale, not full games, there are already lots of stuff made by others mimicking other games, P.T and Final Fantasy 7 are some examples out there.

Just wondering if making something like Shenmue (even if it's a small level of Ryo walking running around and being able to train with people, possibly drink soda cans and do lucky hit) would be really cool to see in this new game.

I
hi, a game called dreams is releasing for PS4, you may have heard of it, it allows people to make custom levels of pretty much anything, it is like a game creator engine but on smaller scale, not full games, there are already lots of stuff made by others mimicing other games, P.T and Final Fantasy 7 are some examples out there.

Just wondering if making something like Shenmue (even if it's a small level of Ryo walking running around and being able to train with people, possibly drink soda cans and do lucky hit) would be really cool to see in this new game.
I'll try to make something like that when i get the game if the engine is simillar to a normal game engine

seems pretty cool but i imagine its quite hard to make anything that looks good.
it probably work with variable and visual scripting so i dont think its will be to dificult

@stillsense You are incorrect, Dreams isnt a level creator and you CAN create full games and people already have. Dreams is creation engine where all the tools exist in one space.

Also it isnt limited to games. You can create music, movies, paintings, tutorials, books, etc. It is definitely possible to create Shenmue like experiences given you have the drive and the talent. The biggest limiting factor would be the thermometer, which you have to balance between logic, graphics, etc.

Last edited:
Back