Votes: 24 17.4%

Votes: 21 15.2%

Votes: 12 8.7%

Votes: 11 8.0%

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 1M

Votes: 35 25.4%

• Total voters
They've done nothing to market the game to people who don't know Shenmue. The trailers all focus on the same area, they keep pushing old art and screenshots to the media, etc.. I truly don't get it.

True fair enough, but It's Shenmue 3 of all things, I don't thing we need to worry about the word not getting out. As if 100+ Youtubes aren't going to be flooding the network with videos, reviews, lets plays, and podcasts :) Trust everyone is going to know about Shenmue 3, rather they want to or not, It's unavoidable.

I hope it starts soon. The game's out in a month... I really don't want to see those ancient screenshots they've been sending every magazine and every backer for the last year again. You know exactly which shots I'm talking about... What on Earth is the reason for that? I couldn't believe how useless the latest articles in Game Informer and Famitsu were.

If Shenmue 4 & 5 didn't depend on Shenmue 3, I wouldn't care. It's a shame so much is riding on this game's success.

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 557 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
It was in the 1000's a few days ago. What's with all this negativity man

If you go on this link it's #35 in their pre order chart : Amazon PS4 Preorders this is what we need to keep an eye on.

For what it's worth, Amazon isn't really being competitive with it's pricing either at £45.99 for the standard copy. Surely anyone would just throw an extra £4 at Game for the Steelbook edition.

It's number 20 now gone up 15 places since Monday.

You are worrying too early !!

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world. Every other 'big' release for the remainder of the year is somewhere to be found in the top 100. Shenmue isn't a special exception. Casual gamers aren't searching the web for their ideal Shenmue 3 collectors edition and ignoring Amazon because they can't find it. Keep plugging your ears and singing lullabies if it makes you feel better, but I find it very concerning it's not performing well on the biggest online retailer in the world's marketplace.

It maybe that overpowering in EU, but in the west, BestBuy, and GS are just as widely known/used. Also while I hate to admit such, because wallmart is pure evil, that's getting insanely popular as well(if the mainstream don't automatically turn to GS, they'll ususally go to walmart.

Amazon Isn't the be all, end all in the US(not for VGs anyway, and again, is thee worst place to preorder VGs from)

I hope I'm wrong, guys. I don't get any pleasure out of thinking the game will flop. I just thought it'd perform better this close to release.

I also find it a little ominous they're still concealing so much about the rest of the game, but I suppose that's for the best. Less spoilers.

I can see why some here are worrying but, calm down guys.
@Down by Law made some really good points.
The real marketing has barely began, and we have plenty of games coming out before shenmue 3.
The game will climb those ranks. No doubt about it.

Medievel remake had me very interested but it's geting some kind of bad scores, what makes me not wanting to buy the game.
Reviews will be key for Shenmue 3.

It's fair to assume that Shenmue 3 will really be pushed up and talked about after death stranding release.

Honestly we should give it another two weeks before the doom and gloom posts please. By then all the big brand franchises have come and gone , hopefully we'll have a launch trailer from Magic Kyoto and then the marketing will filter through.Then we'll have a decent idea of how the games going to sell.

Again Outer Worlds is performing really well thanks to good reviews and the marketing has actually kicked in. It's not even much of a looker either. A month ago I thought it was going to flop

I can see why some here are worrying but, calm down guys.
@Down by Law made some really good points.
The real marketing has barely began, and we have plenty of games coming out before shenmue 3.
The game will climb those ranks. No doubt about it.

Medievel remake had me very interested but it's geting some kind of bad scores, what makes me not wanting to buy the game.
Reviews will be key for Shenmue 3.

It's fair to assume that Shenmue 3 will really be pushed up and talked about after death stranding release.
That's cool that you feel that way about MediEvil, but it's currently #20. We'll see if Shenmue 3 gets that high week of release. If it does, I guess I'll sleep better.

22nd on BB's list in Canada.

Clearly, the game will not be up top, due to bigger, higher-profile releases coming out before then (TLOU, COD, DS, etc).

If 2 weeks before (November 5th), it is STILL in the 20s or lower of all the sites, THEN we have something to worry about.

Not worried, as of now.

BTW, another thing, Magic Kyoto or Paris will be the last push, I feel, with new screens and or a trailer.

That's cool that you feel that way about MediEvil, but it's currently #20. We'll see if Shenmu 3 gets that high week of release. If it does, I guess I'll sleep better.
It will bro. that 100% fact.
Most people now are to focused on Death Stranding. Once the game is out, and most people finish it, media outlets will start to talk about shenmue3. "Oh shit! Shenmue 3 comes out in one week".
The game wont flop. It will sell more than enough to make shenmue 4 a reality.

The game's out in a month... I really don't want to see those ancient screenshots they've been sending every magazine and every backer for the last year again.
On the back of the games box they literally have a old screen of a character who has been redesigned; so the one in the picture isn't even in the game anymore. LITERALLY ON THE PHYSICAL COPIES, I've never seen something like this happen before...

On the back of the games box they literally have a old screen of a character who has been redesigned; so the one in the picture isn't even in the game anymore. LITERALLY ON THE PHYSICAL COPIES, I've never seen something like this happen before...
This is the stuff that makes zero sense to me. What on earth is Deep Silver doing?

Hey if it's any consolation, The King of Fighters XIV, (and ironically, another Deep Silver published game) sold pretty badly in the UK and Japan, and hey, we're still getting new games from SNK :)

The game reached number 20 on the UK physical sales chart.[73] During its Japanese release, the game sold 20,655 units.[74] By November 2017 SNK announced that the period of Summer 2016 to Summer 2017 was very profitable for them attributing it to the release of The King of Fighters XIV and its DLC characters.

Only sold 20K units in Japan where it is most popular and still turned a profit !

A very old build of the game alone, basically blew the minds of all the hardcore fans, I think it will do just fine(the hardcore fans of things are always the hardest to please).
I think so too.
No doubt it will get criticized for animations. That's just how it's gonna be.
But the super variety in gameplay elements, beautifull scenery, epic story, and tons of original minigames will counterbalance the downsides.
Most reviewers will "get it".

Just a note that you can see how many people may be interested in the epic games version of shenmue 3, on the games page it will instantly play a trailer when you click on the page. If you open the trailer on youtube you see it only has around 1000 views. That doesn't look good since the trailer is literally played every time the shenmue 3 page is clicked on. Hope it sells more than 1000 o_O

i really dont think that it works that way. check the page of Metro Exodus or the Epic trailer for Borderlands 3,
they all have 2000-7000 clicks. that doesnt make any sense, because that would mean that for example from the release day
until today (probably 8 - 10 months) only 5000-10.000 people visited the Metro Exodus Epic store page.
that would be an absolute disaster. that cant be correct. all of the other trailers on Youtube have 150.000 - 5 mil clicks
but only 7000 visited the Epic store shop?

i really dont think that it works that way. check the page of Metro Exodus or the Epic trailer for Borderlands 3,
they all have 2000-7000 clicks. that doesnt make any sense, because that would mean that for example from the release day
until today (probably 8 - 10 months) only 5000-10.000 people visited the Metro Exodus Epic store page.
that would be an absolute disaster. that cant be correct. all of the other trailers on Youtube have 150.000 - 5 mil clicks
but only 7000 visited the Epic store shop?
Dude you're so right!!!
Metro exodus was a huge success and the main trailer on the page only has 7000 views!!

Nice catch man! That puts things in prespective!!

If Shenmue3 sells 1/6 of the Metro sales, I think we're good !

The biggest chunk of people who gonna play Shenmue 3 is on PS4 anyway.

Like many of you, I'm concerned about how well the game's going to do. That's especially so when DS has an old version of the lead character on the cover!

Still, as people like "Down by Law" have pointed out, it's two weeks too early to say anything serious. I mean, the general perception of the game just started turning around after the release of the demo.

We must see what the reviews of the final build will say. If the reviewers' general verdict is, "Guys, the game's awesome!", Shenmue III sales will start to pick up after the first two weeks as it overcomes the negative campaign against it.

So, in terms of "hard" numbers, I feel Shenmue III will sell c.850K-1M units in its life cycle if it has high ratings. If they're low, I think it'll sell c.250K-500K units instead.

Back