Slurg333

If I can't forklift, then what's this all been for
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue II
PSN
HR_Paperstacks69
Just in case it changes anything I am playing on the PS4. I was wondering if there's any tricks or telltale signs to make sure you have a higher rate of winning bets with the drop ball game or the dice game.

Just in case it changes anything I am playing on the PS4. I was wondering if there's any tricks or telltale signs to make sure you have a higher rate of winning bets with the drop ball game or the dice game.
There are no tricks for the dice game, but there’s nothing stopping you from saving, betting big and then reloading if you fail.

There are no tricks for the dice game, but there’s nothing stopping you from saving, betting big and then reloading if you fail.
yea I've been doing that trick but didn't see any other cheats for like the ball dropping game and whatnot. I've been running some stats for the dice game to see if delaying your roll will have any effect on the outcome or if there's a winning pattern. I was thinking about posting my findings here when I get more data, if you guys are interested.

yea I've been doing that trick but didn't see any other cheats for like the ball dropping game and whatnot. I've been running some stats for the dice game to see if delaying your roll will have any effect on the outcome or if there's a winning pattern. I was thinking about posting my findings here when I get more data, if you guys are interested.
Could be interesting I guess. I’m sure there are people who would appreciate that.

I never played lucky hit too much because dice was more time efficient and a lot easier, but there are a couple of move scrolls locked behind Lucky Hit boards later in the game. I found that through trial and error you could pick up a rough spot that would lead to a hit more often than not - although it wasn’t guaranteed.

Iirc, somebody on these forums did quite an in depth look at that board (well, technically it’s multiple boards that need to be hit consecutively) and found that a hit could be guaranteed by looking at which of the predetermined wood grain patters you’d been assigned and then hitting left or right the appropriate number of times - but even with their detailed analysis it was fairly complicated as many of the patterns are incredibly similar.

Dice does get you pretty easy money. Big or small even easier, though!

Dice does get you pretty easy money. Big or small even easier, though!
Very true, cuz I've been grinding the dice game for the past 2-3hrs and I've gone from HK$600 to HK$14k.

I'm slowly remembering things in this game that I've forgotten over the years cuz I haven't played these two games since they were released on the Dreamcast and Xbox.

Very true, cuz I've been grinding the dice game for the past 2-3hrs and I've gone from HK$600 to HK$14k.

I'm slowly remembering things in this game that I've forgotten over the years cuz I haven't played these two games since they were released on the Dreamcast and Xbox.
I always preferred flower, bird wind and moon. The odds aren’t as good as some of the ones that can be found on the dice games, but I always found it to be more time-efficient.

I always preferred flower, bird wind and moon. The odds aren’t as good as some of the ones that can be found on the dice games, but I always found it to be more time-efficient.
I always remembered preferring Lucky Hit when I played on Xbox, but I would say, now, I'm definitely all for the dice game and how much cash output I can acquire from it.

I always just head to the No. 12 Warehouse, in Fortune's Pier, Aberdeen.

And just save scum for a "Yidian Wai Sik" it Makes a ton of money, but it tends to takes a lot of attempts but you go from broke to rich when you get it. There is another one In Kowloon that really pays out well since your max bet can be 1000 but by that point I still have a lot from Aberdeen.

14K is a lot, not enough to get/do everything but enough to get you through the game comfortably.

I know this thread is pretty old, but I figured I'd chime in anyway. As for your question about Shenmue II and gambling hacks/tricks, I, unfortunately, don't have any specific tips for those games. However, I do know that when it comes to gambling in general, there's always an element of luck involved.
Welcome to the forums and apologies in the delay for post approval here.

Shenmue II can be a tough game to crack when it comes to gambling. But don't worry, there are definitely some tricks and tips you can use to up your chances of winning big! Specifically when it comes to the drop ball and dice games in Shenmue II, there are a few things you can keep in mind.

For Money I always go to Lotus Park where Jianmin is. There is a Lucky Hit Stand with Kid Gold Dural Toys, then I sell them to a Pawn shop - The Accounts Settled Pawn Shop In the Lucky Charm Qr. It's near a ramp in an alley way. They sell for 30HK each.
1681547454948.png

Besides, if you aren't trying to get all collectibles the required amount for completing the game its very relaxed.
If my memory works, $5000 for all the main story payments plus $2000 for all the move scrolls.

Thanks all who reported the spam links in this thread. Definitely a sneaky one!

For Money I always go to Lotus Park where Jianmin is. There is a Lucky Hit Stand with Kid Gold Dural Toys, then I sell them to a Pawn shop - The Accounts Settled Pawn Shop In the Lucky Charm Qr. It's near a ramp in an alley way. They sell for 30HK each.
View attachment 18028
This is best method (non save scum) to get money in Shenmue II. Although small correction you need to get Dural Silver I'm pretty certain. I don't think the kids dural gold sold that high. If I am wrong, sorry, just correct me politely.

Hi :cool:

If someone wants some quick and easy, but at the same time honest money in S2, your best variant is Lucky Hit near the Come Over Guest House in the Green Market.
There are two boards and one is 1x12 for $10
You need to score 2 out of 3 balls, but it's actually so easy that you'll win much more often than one in twelve tries.

The second variant requires some personal luck. This is Lucky Hit in South Carmain in an abandoned alley where there are three boards and one of them (the first one) 1x3 for $50
Looks too expensive and too small for the benefit. But there you have 3 balls, and you only need to score one to win.
So, if you are lucky, you can earn thousands of dollars quickly. Or you can always go back to 1x12 Lucky stand in Green Market for a more predictable outcome.

You need money to enter the three big street fights in Kowloon as well. Iirc, the first one costs 500, with the winnings from that helping to pay for the next one and so on.

Back