Shenmue 3 Will Have Post Launch DLC

Its clearly an alternate jacket of Ryo's that we haven't seen before, we already know alternate outfits are going to be present in this game. Ryo is wearing his iconic brown jacket in all of the game's footage and even on the box art of both regular and deluxe versions of the game. Its not going to be sold separately.

Interesting that the pre-order price for the Deluxe edition, featuring the DLC Pass, is only valued at $15. Maybe it'll go up to $20 at launch, but it's a far cry from the crazy prices you sometimes see with AAA games. So I'd guess the extra quest we're going to get won't be huge in scope.

Can I buy this season pass pre-order stuff separately when playing/installing the physical ps4 version?
Or is it somehow included (because technically I preordered the game also like you do with digital, for me the collector's edition + backer version)

And is it clear yet in what way backers will get the phone card and move scroll? As a code to enter in psstore?

Last edited:
Can I buy this season pass pre-order stuff separately when playing/installing the physical ps4 version?
Or is it somehow included (because technically I preordered the game also with the collector's edition + backer version)

I've yet to see the Season Pass separately on the PS Store, I'm eagerly awaiting to do so... well I'm really waiting to know what this content includes, I don't typically buy Season Passes full price.

As for the Pre-order content, I'm not sure...

Generally I do digital buys as backup for my favorites a bit after release. Will the Deluxe always be there or only as preorder?

I"ll be getting the season pass when it goes on sale separately.

I really would love to see throw moves added back in via DLC, and maybe even the return of classic Sega arcade games.

I would not mind one bit if the DLC in Shenmue 3 was used to fund re-implementing a few of the things they had to cut due to funding & licensing issues. I'd pay for all of that in a heartbeat.

I really would love to see throw moves added back in via DLC, and maybe even the return of classic Sega arcade games.

I would not mind one bit if the DLC in Shenmue 3 was used to fund re-implementing a few of the things they had to cut due to funding & licensing issues. I'd pay for all of that in a heartbeat.

I really hope not, because if they add them in post game, that will really wreck my intial playthrough! I can handle Post game story content to a point, but if the DLC adds mechnics which should have been in the original game then I am going to be pissed! - Like Final Fantasy XV how they added the ability to character swap... after I already was done with the game.

Throw moves will not be added post game. It would change the whole mechanics and I suspect they would need to rebalance the system. If they couldn't implement them after 4 years of development, it's because they can't do it.

Throw moves will not be added post game. It would change the whole mechanics and I suspect they would need to rebalance the system. If they couldn't implement them after 4 years of development, it's because they can't do it.

I don't really agree with this at all. You could remove throw moves from I & II right now, and the fighting mechanics would not change at all. The fighting in Shenmue has never been difficult, there's never really been any "balance" necessary. It's always been very easy, but fun to play.

The only reason they've had to cut throws in Shenmue 3 is because of their limited budget. I don't see how they couldn't fund the development of that through DLC. I don't think it's going to happen btw, but there's no reason it couldn't be done.

I don't really agree with this at all. You could remove throw moves from I & II right now, and the fighting mechanics would not change at all. The fighting in Shenmue has never been difficult, there's never really been any "balance" necessary. It's always been very easy, but fun to play.

The only reason they've had to cut throws in Shenmue 3 is because of their limited budget. I don't see how they couldn't fund the development of that through DLC. I don't think it's going to happen btw, but there's no reason it couldn't be done.
Personally with the basis of the system in place it wouldn't shock me to see throws return in Shenmue 4, if we get one.

I really hope so. The no throws thing really bothers me because we learned so many cool new throws in Shenmue 2. I really want to try out Demon's Triangle. I'm also really going to miss breaking people's arms, dislocating their shoulders and machine gun fisting the absolute shite out of them.

Hopefully we see some of the classic throws from Shenmue I & II in some QTE sequences at the very least, that would be really cool.

I really hope so. The no throws thing really bothers me because we learned so many cool new throws in Shenmue 2. I really want to try out Demon's Triangle. I'm also really going to miss breaking people's arms, dislocating their shoulders and machine gun fisting the absolute shite out of them.

Hopefully we see some of the classic throws from Shenmue I & II in some QTE sequences at the very least, that would be really cool.

I'm still hoping machine gun fist is available. It used the throw button to execute but wasn't a throw move, so haven't given up on that one yet.

I'm still hoping machine gun fist is available. It used the throw button to execute but wasn't a throw move, so haven't given up on that one yet.

Same for Demon Triangle, amongsts a couple others(?)

Whelp just pre-ordered the digital deluxe version and it came with a couple of avatars and a cool new theme. Knowing the disheartening news today looks like I'll have to step up my game.View attachment 3040View attachment 3034View attachment 3036

P.S. Please forgive my shit camera skills. :p

P.S.S. Replaced previous picture with a clearer one.
Ah man, I was looking for a Shenmue theme just the other day. I'm a backer and also pre-ordered the physical collectors edition. Why not just make this available on the PSN store? I hate stupid thinking...

Ah man, I was looking for a Shenmue theme just the other day. I'm a backer and also pre-ordered the physical collectors edition. Why not just make this available on the PSN store? I hate stupid thinking...

Right! You were looking forward to it the other day You didn't have a clue what was going to become in 2015, and supported an idea. An existence of Shenmue 3. That's it. You were offered rewards in exchange for that. Key word there: gift.

What is a gift? A gift is to a backer.

What did you expect?? Every single retail pre order incentive under the sun to come through your mailbox? The game hand delivered by Yu Suzuki 2 weeks before the official release.

You said what you are loud and clear: A BACKER.

You are not a person who went out and pre-ordered this game. You want to be one of those guys? Then go out and pre order the game. I don't know how many more times this need to be said. Stupid thinking annoys me too.

Right! You were looking forward to it the other day You didn't have a clue what was going to become in 2015, and supported an idea. An existence of Shenmue 3. That's it. You were offered rewards in exchange for that. Key word there: gift.

What is a gift? A gift is to a backer.

What did you expect?? Every single retail pre order incentive under the sun to come through your mailbox? The game hand delivered by Yu Suzuki 2 weeks before the official release.

You said what you are loud and clear: A BACKER.

You are not a person who went out and pre-ordered this game. You want to be one of those guys? Then go out and pre order the game. I don't know how many more times this need to be said. Stupid thinking annoys me too.
It's just a PS4 theme and not going to be the reason why people buy the game. Just make the damn thing available for everyone. Even from a commercial perspective it just makes sense. I'll happily buy these for a few quid but I'm not even given the option to.

Back