Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not a large budget for an open world game developed in Tokyo, with a staff of 50+. It’s certainly not anywhere near what AM2 worked with 20 years ago. Suzuki’s basically been retired since the mid 2000s and had to build a brand new company to make a niche game some of his dearest fans are melting down over because it doesn’t look and play like Red Dead Redemption 2 and have the cinematics of Hellblade 2.

That’s not a large budget for an open world game developed in Tokyo, with a staff of 50+. It’s certainly not anywhere near what AM2 worked with 20 years ago. Suzuki’s basically been retired since the mid 2000s and had to build a brand new company to make a niche game some of his dearest fans are melting down over because it doesn’t look and play like Red Dead Redemption 2.
No one said that though. Are you okey?

That’s not a large budget for an open world game developed in Tokyo, with a staff of 50+. It’s certainly not anywhere near what AM2 worked with 20 years ago. Suzuki’s basically been retired since the mid 2000s and had to build a brand new company to make a niche game some of his dearest fans are melting down over because it doesn’t look and play like Red Dead Redemption 2 and have the cinematics of Hellblade 2.

Let's ignore doomsayers and trolls :) we've explained that the gamestat's numbers are pointless and that we need to wait to have official data. Regarding the level of the game itself, yes, 7 or 12 million dollars is a low budget that places Shenmue III in the same category (budget-wise) of Paradox/THQ Nordic productions. Let's say in the lower part of AA games (just to give an idea, I consider Control an AA game and it costed about 30 millions). I'm pretty sure Shenmue III is selling well enough :)

Can people stop saying this game had 7 million in budget? It was 12 million as has been confirmed.
12 million overall yes. The IGN interview confirmed that. We dont know if that included marketing or not. Either way its minimal for the scope of game Shenmue as a whole is.

Maybe I live in another world, but I don't think this game is so bad as people are saying here. Ok that it is not in the same level as 1 & 2, but man I had a lot of fun playing it, probably this is the game that has the best humour in the franchise. I just love it.

I don’t care if someone thinks it’s the worst game they’ve ever played. That’s their opinion/issue. I just can’t stand the holier than thou stuff the self-professed realists/“true Dojo members” keep spouting. We get it. You think the game is substandard and you’re upset you waited 18 years for it. If you want us to respect your opinion, respect ours. Stop calling people delusional and trying to argue with people for saying they enjoy aspects of the game you don’t like. But it’s all packaged in snark and drive by posts so there’s no point in trying to reason with most of them.

Like I watched Yahtzee’s video and I honestly didn’t have an issue with it. He doesn’t get Shenmue. He hates it. He has a laugh over it. He doesn’t get on his high horse and start screeching about how Shenmue fans are bad people and Yu Suzuki is a con man. Jim Sterling on the other hand is unbearable. Stop being Jim Sterling.

I don’t care if someone thinks it’s the worst game they’ve ever played. That’s their opinion/issue. I just can’t stand the holier than thou stuff the self-professed realists/“true Dojo members” keep spouting. We get it. You think the game is substandard and you’re upset you waited 18 years for it. If you want us to respect your opinion, respect ours. Stop calling people delusional and trying to argue with people for saying they enjoy aspects of the game you don’t like. But it’s all packaged in snark and drive by posts so there’s no point in trying to reason with most of them.
Actually just saying that the game isn't doing very well and that the game not being very good is one of the reasons. You sound very paranoid and angry though, that isn't a healthy attitude to have in life.

You sound very paranoid and angry though, that isn't a healthy attitude to have in life.
Actually that looks like your problem, man... you already stated twice that mjqhazzbar seems angry to you. If you wish to continue, send him a direct message. No need to ask such things on a public thread, right?

I'm angry? I'm somewhat perturbed SCQ keeps choosing to find things to snipe at in my posts because he clearly has an issue with something I said at some point, but I don't recall posting anything remotely angry on this forum.

Actually that looks like your problem, man... you already stated twice that mjqhazzbar seems angry to you. If you wish to continue, send him a direct message. No need to ask such things on a public thread, right?
There is when his anger is directed at me and other members of the thread actually.

I'm angry? I'm somewhat perturbed SCQ keeps choosing to find things to snipe at in my posts because he clearly has an issue with something I said at some point, but I don't recall posting anything remotely angry on this forum.
Your posts come off as pretty bitter to be honest.

There is when his anger is directed at me and other members of the thread actually.
You’re the one that sounds paranoid. I can’t see anything untoward in any of mjq’s posts, but if you really feel like he’s acting aggressively, you should consider using the report button and requesting mod intervention or contacting the user directly. Alternatively, you’re free to hide or ignore his posts. Either way, this thread is intended for discussion about sales.

Shenmue 3 is clearly a very divisive game amongst the fan base, but I’m pretty sure we can discuss it like adults without having to resort to name calling.

Back on topic; Shenmue rose several places in the Italian PS4 chart this week. Unfortunately it was from somewhere in the 180’s to somewhere in the 170’s.

Friendly warning. If this thread descends into name calling it will be locked.
What counts as name calling? I felt like when mjq said "the holier than thou stuff the self-professed realists/“true Dojo members" it was name calling but apparently I am in the minority so if you could define it that would be great.

I dont need to define anything, its common sense, and this passive aggressive tone (seen in other posts too, not just yours specifically must be said) stops here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back