Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

I have noticed something different in one of the CE outlets. The limited run games release has a Shenmue 3 DC case, with reversible art(based on traditional US, and Japanese case art). As far as I can tell, limited run games is a US only outlet, and has exclusive sales rights to the US release of the CE version.

All the other outlets around the world selling the CE, don't seem to have the DC case in it.
Yep, you're correct. That's why it sold out in ~40 minutes. You can't get the DC Case from anywhere else apart for LRG. They are situated in the US, but they ship Worldwide.

Yep, you're correct. That's why it sold out in ~40 minutes. You can't get the DC Case from anywhere else apart for LRG. They are situated in the US, but they ship Worldwide.

Oh ok they do ship worldwide huh, wasn't sure if they did or not. Yea it sold out a bit faster then I thought it would at the time. Boy glad I fought to stay awake to click that purchase button as soon as possible :) If I fell asleep, which I was extremely tired, I would've definitely missed it.

By the way, from what I gather, the reason LRG couldn't cap purchases on this one is because they're selling it on behalf of the publisher, whereas normally the CE is driven more by LRG themselves so it's "their" product that they've merely licensed (like the French company that obtained permission from Sega to make a Shenmue I & II CE last year).

Obviously the Dreamcast case, trading card, and box sleeve are LRG-produced enhancements, but the base product is still Deep Silver's, whose accountants will expect it to be sold as keenly as any other version - you don't see Amazon or GAME limiting sales to one per customer, regardless of stock levels.

Most of you guys are extremely resourceful, from what I've seen.

I expect custom Dreamcast covers to be made by folks here. Just add your own jewel case.

By the way, from what I gather, the reason LRG couldn't cap purchases on this one is because they're selling it on behalf of the publisher, whereas normally the CE is driven more by LRG themselves so it's "their" product that they've merely licensed (like the French company that obtained permission from Sega to make a Shenmue I & II CE last year).

Obviously the Dreamcast case, trading card, and box sleeve are LRG-produced enhancements, but the base product is still Deep Silver's, whose accountants will expect it to be sold as keenly as any other version - you don't see Amazon or GAME limiting sales to one per customer, regardless of stock levels.

Actually in this case atleast, neither did LRGs, I managed to buy 2, no work arounds or anything. I ordered 1, came to the conclusion it's both too great a box set to open, yet too great not to open, so after checking my CC, I ordered another one.

Yes, that's the point of my post.

Oh ok, yea the whole deep silver thing, but It's not like they had anything to worry about. Around 80k people backed the game as is, most of them would probally jump at a chance to throw money at a quality CE version, I know I did, 5k is really nothing compared to even the backers, let alone to the Shenmue community ingeneral.

Most of you guys are extremely resourceful, from what I've seen.

I expect custom Dreamcast covers to be made by folks here. Just add your own jewel case.

Some people have already created a uk version of the cover
69545418_2413130865437454_5866665519469297664_n.jpg

Here's another image of the limited edition mirrors

69689623_10156339015220927_494591009125040128_n.jpg

Wow....Had to comment on that Twitter post.
I've also gone in on that post.

Seriously it isn't that hard to find a current picture of Ryo is it? This is why we slate the media because some of them clearly have an agenda and have done since before 2015 when they lost one of their clickbait sources. Then there's the minleading writing.

I'll stop there!

Oh man, if there was a 7" - I would've been well chuffed. I enjoy collecting 7" records more than 12" ones!

There might be a pre-existing deal with DataDiscs regarding vinyl records that prevented LRG from doing that this time.

Back