Sekiro

It really is a lot of fun. I haven't had nearly enough time for it and I keep dying at this one part I'm stuck at every time I try lmfao but so far it's been amazing. Great mechanics that I can't wait to fully understand, fun enemies, traversal feels amazing, I really love this game...

It really is a lot of fun. I haven't had nearly enough time for it and I keep dying at this one part I'm stuck at every time I try lmfao but so far it's been amazing. Great mechanics that I can't wait to fully understand, fun enemies, traversal feels amazing, I really love this game...

Where are you stuck?

Where are you stuck?
In the estates back in time. There's a guy with a spear and two health bars, and a fog wall, right past two guys with wooden sheilds. I was able to sneak up to the fog wall but it won't let me through. So I wondered if killing the spear guy will drop it. Not only is he pretty tough, but he's got a lot of back up. One or two guys can shoot arrows and it's hard for me to get an opening long enough to take anyone down...

I tried stealthing a few out and running away to stealth some more, but they don't seem to lose sight of me very easily...

I tried like 5 times which took me like 15 or 20 minutes cause I gotta travel there from the last bonfire each time. That's how long I had to play last time lmfao I don't get to game nearly enough...

In the estates back in time. There's a guy with a spear and two health bars, and a fog wall, right past two guys with wooden sheilds. I was able to sneak up to the fog wall but it won't let me through. So I wondered if killing the spear guy will drop it. Not only is he pretty tough, but he's got a lot of back up. One or two guys can shoot arrows and it's hard for me to get an opening long enough to take anyone down...

I tried stealthing a few out and running away to stealth some more, but they don't seem to lose sight of me very easily...

I tried like 5 times which took me like 15 or 20 minutes cause I gotta travel there from the last bonfire each time. That's how long I had to play last time lmfao I don't get to game nearly enough...

First get the counter skill and practice it with the undying guy. Then go up to that place where you fight Shinobi Hunter.

Pull the first guy. He’ll see you. Let him chase you and drag him away from the others. Kill him. Hide in the grass on the left. Stealth kill the bowman. Wait till Shinobi Hunter is far away from the other two. When he is, get behind and get a stealth deathblow to take off one of his posture orbs. Then parry his regular attacks. Wait for the obstruction attack with the red kanji. It’ll be a thrust. Press circle as he does and get a deathblow.

Easy. You can do it.

You also shouldn’t take 15-20 minutes to get to him from the sculpturs shrine.

First get the counter skill and practice it with the undying guy. Then go up to that place where you fight Shinobi Hunter.

Pull the first guy. He’ll see you. Let him chase you and drag him away from the others. Kill him. Hide in the grass on the left. Stealth kill the bowman. Wait till Shinobi Hunter is far away from the other two. When he is, get behind and get a stealth deathblow to take off one of his posture orbs. Then parry his regular attacks. Wait for the obstruction attack with the red kanji. It’ll be a thrust. Press circle as he does and get a deathblow.

Easy. You can do it.
I think I just unlocked that move, it's the one where you have to press B right? I'll try it...

Cool I'll figure it out. I keep forgetting about that practice dummy, I gotta mess with him more...

You also shouldn’t take 15-20 minutes to get to him from the sculpturs shrine.
No i mean cause I did it like 5 times lmfao it only takes a minute or so to actually get to him...

I’ve never played a Souls-esque game in my life though I am well aware of their reputation. I am a fan of samurai’s and shinobi’s so naturally I picked up games like Nioh and this. To be honest, this game is not as hard as people make it out to be. Oh sure I’ve died plenty of times but this game gives you all the tools you need to be good. It’s just a matter of improving my skills is all and each time I die it just reminds of that simple truth. The environment is gorgeous to look at and I love the dark brutal tone. Wolf hands down ranks right alongside Rikimaru of Tenchu and Strider Hiryu as my favorite male shinobi.

What I am trying to say is that the game is tough but fair and doesn’t hold your hand. I guess it’s “hard” because gamers are so used to games holding their hand. I’d like to seem them play something like Ghouls and Ghosts or Battle Toads if they think these games are hard lol.

I mean, the game is hard. I don’t see what’s wrong with describing it as such. It doesn’t pull any punches and forces you to master its systems. Games today definitely hold your hand and souls people definitely talk too much about the series’ difficulty but this game definitely has an old school mind set and I see nothing wrong with admitting (and praising that fact).

I was never a DS fan it was too hard for me but I really love Sekiro. The Setting is great (helping a big Japan fan like myself helps a lot to like it I guess ) and although it is hard, it is never unfair. i died so many times and I am just at the beginning but all the death were my own fault. With the time you learn to read the enemies movements and then after many attempts you beat them. That is a great Feeling.

It is too early to judge the game completly because I am far away from the end, but it really Looks like , RE 2 got a contender for my game of the year. And Shenmue 3 is not even out yet.

This game year is quite good already.

You can do it.
Done, although slightly more cowardly lmfao. I have zero trouble parrying the training dummy but parrying the actual enemy with that move was a little tough. And then I was surprised to see it didn't earn me a solid hit right away and I had to do it a few times before landing the final blow. What a pain in the ass that was lmfao. Then I moved on and it put me in a place I'd already found before by going around, but still it's progress. I wanna kill everything anyway so it wasn't a waste. I also earned a passive move that makes me harder to detect in stealth mode, I figured that was worth taking considering how lame I am at combat right now...

Parrying enemy hits is all about timing and patience. Don't wail on enemies. Sometimes sit back and breathe and wait for the strike then parry.

Parrying enemy hits is all about timing and patience. Don't wail on enemies. Sometimes sit back and breathe and wait for the strike then parry.
I think what really throws me off is sometimes the enemies flinch when i hit them and sometimes they don't, and it makes it really hard for me to find the rythm...

After playing the game a little more Sekiro kinda reminds me of Metal Gear Rising. This game seems to be about proper parrying and counters then hacking away at the enemy. In other words, much more defensive oriented then I thought it would be.

After playing the game a little more Sekiro kinda reminds me of Metal Gear Rising. This game seems to be about proper parrying and counters then hacking away at the enemy. In other words, much more defensive oriented then I thought it would be.

it's a mix. You need defense in order to survive, but in order to kill enemies you need aggression as well, or else their posture meter will lower, cheating you out of a deathblow. I've found its closest analogue to be Ninja Gaiden personally.

I think what really throws me off is sometimes the enemies flinch when i hit them and sometimes they don't, and it makes it really hard for me to find the rythm...

Flinch? Sounds like they're parrying your own attacks? Learn their moveset and don't go in blind. Engage without fighting to gather data before actually fighting them.

Last edited:
Flinch? Sounds like they're parrying your own attacks?
No I mean sometimes when I hit them they'll get knocked back and react to being hit and other times they'll attack right through my attacks similar to how poise works... or doesn't work... in Dark Souls 3...

Back