*Request* Ryo's beta model over Ryo's final model in the dreamcast version.

the_phoenix_mirror

10 years early.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Daytona USA Iraq version
Can someone switch Ryo's character model to this one.

1634947932029.png

I believe this model still exists in the files of the game.

Can you use the dreamcast version instead of the HD release, as I don't have a good computer to run the hd version. Thanks!

Sure, the Saturn Ryo model exists only in What's Shenmue for DC AFAIK, with the name YKA_M. Just replace all occurences of YKB_M for the YKA_M model file and you should be good to go, works for all versions from What's Shenmue to Shenmue I for DC and Shenmue I for PC :)

1635009843726.png

Attachments

• YKB_M.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 21
Thank you very much! Should I use a tool like gdi explorer? Haven't done a model swap in Shenmue before.
I would use GDIBuilder to swap the files. GDI Explorer, AFAIK, only extracts the contents of disc image(s).

Be sure to replace all instances of YKB_M files, as Shenmue has duplicated files of the same name in some instances.

I tried using gdibuilder, but when I tried to build the disc it said "disc image is too big for gd-rom, can't build"

I tried using gdibuilder, but when I tried to build the disc it said "disc image is too big for gd-rom, can't build"

Looks like you didn't set it up right, I'll reply back when I can with more info.. but the main crux of it is to extract the whole disc and then rebuild the data track only and then swap that for the original one.

When you're rebuilding a GDI, your goal is to only modify the part you want to change. Each disc of Shenmue 1 contains 6 tracks. Tracks 1 and 2 are the ones you can see if you put the original disc into a PC, Track 3 is part one of the file data. Tracks 4 and 5 are the AM2 and YS music jingles, then Track 6 is the rest of the file data.

You will want to first make a copy of the GDI somewhere else, so you can modify it without accidentally wrecking your original in case you mess up. Open the image in GD-ROM explorer, and under the "High Density" section, right click SHENMUE_DISC1 and use the only option in the right click menu to extract all of the disc data into a folder somewhere.
You'll also want to grab a copy of IP.BIN right above that, but don't put it into the folder where you extracted the data because it's outside that.

Once you have extracted the files and replaced the ones you want, in GDI Builder point it to the folder of data files you just extracted and modified. When it asks for IP.BIN, find the one you extracted. For CDA, provide the track 4 and 5 .raw files from your GDI that you copied. Set your output DIR to the place you copied the GDI to - GDIBuilder will overwrite Track 3 and Track 6 with new tracks that contain the files you modified. It also updates the .gdi file for you, if it's already in the output folder.

You shouldn't get a message that it's too big as long as you were only generating an image from the files on the disc originally (with your changes)

Back