Recent Gaming Purchases

@Henry Spencer Yes the Pal Version of Deep Fear costs a fortune. But If you really want to play it you could get the japanese Version, like I did. It is quite Import friendly with (bad) English Voice acting and some hints for Navigation in the loading Screens. Item managment is a bit bothersome because everything is in Japanese and you cannot read the in game documents. But all in all it is managable. Not finished Deep Fear yet but as far as I can tell it is a decent Horror Game. I like it so far.

on Topic: I did not buy a physical copy of a game this month yet but yesterday I downloaded Horizon Dawn on PSN. Will test it tonight. Lets see how I will like it.

Already got the new Smash went to Walmart for the Midnight Release, now I need to be responsible and go to sleep I have work tomorrow, but the first 2 hours I did play were amazing!

Got this hidden gem last night:

ZLY8vNu.jpg

TheLastRemnantRemastered.jpg

Never played it before, but always wanted to. It's a terrific JRPG so far. Very fast paced with an innovative and fresh battle system that has no levels (so no grinding, it actually is against grinding, since the more enemies you fight the higher your rank which makes boss battles harder). You acquire abilities from using specific commands and have units/battalions as opposed to just single party members and enemy positioning is important (you can ambush enemies, flank them, reach a deadlock). It's a really tactical and fun, frenetic system. And I'm just getting Ivalice vibes from the presentation, sound effects, some of the music and NPC character models. That and the main artist behind this game is the same guy behind Front Mission 4 and 5's art and FFVII, VIII and XV's Art Direction, so it's visually a really nice game. Can see myself getting obsessed with this game.

@Henry Spencer Yes the Pal Version of Deep Fear costs a fortune. But If you really want to play it you could get the japanese Version, like I did. It is quite Import friendly with (bad) English Voice acting and some hints for Navigation in the loading Screens. Item managment is a bit bothersome because everything is in Japanese and you cannot read the in game documents. But all in all it is managable. Not finished Deep Fear yet but as far as I can tell it is a decent Horror Game. I like it so far.

Yeah, it's one of the very last few survival horror games from Japan I've not played yet.

I didn’t know that the PAL Version of Deep Fear cost that much. My Japanese Saturn is back at my parents’ home in Arizona so I won’t be able to play some games until then

I can only play Code Veronica Complete in Japanese just beause the menus are so iconic and those originals from thef irst through CV are some of my favorite games all time; i know them without looking. Would be lost in menus for Deep Fear, so the super expensive PAL version is my only choice :(

Also want Riven pretty bad, havew the first Myst on Saturn and third on XBOX.

I didn’t know that the PAL Version of Deep Fear cost that much. My Japanese Saturn is back at my parents’ home in Arizona so I won’t be able to play some games until then

It was the last Pal Game. So it is quite rare and pricy. Lukily the Japanese Version is so cheap. At least mine was very cheap. About 10 Euro I think.

@[U]xatruio[/U] Well it is not impossible to Play Deep Fear. you can used to the menus. And the important items are listed in English. Just the description of the items is in Japanese.

But Deep Fear is a typical 90s Horror Game with Biohazard vipe so the puzzles are not that hard. The only drawback is that you cannot read the documents. They are all in Japanese. But that's maybe just me. It can be annoying because I want to understand all Story related stuff in the game.

Yeah, i'd love to read the documents. In fact--for playing Code Veronica X on Dreamcast--i actually wrote out all the files longhand from the NA original because those are my favorite part of the RE series (there's only a couple extra scenes, but no extra files, IIRC). The creepy freakin' journals and research reports are so chilling and immersive for me.

Perhaps someone on the itnernet already has written a guide for all the files content...???

I bought Gris earlier this evening and completed it a couple of hours ago. It's probably not worth the full price I paid unless you're really excited to play it. In which case, go ahead. That said, though. It was a very beautiful game. A neat side-scrolling puzzle game that seems to revolve around depression in an interesting way. It's absolutely stunning to look at. Like a mix of studio ghibli and Moebius. But yeah, it's definitely worth three hours of your time if you're into that kind of thing.

ss_631d99cc6462cce94081032b7e600a6b87c3f7d3.0.jpg

Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Pro controller.

The wife got me a Dreamcast fishing controller for Christmas, I'm pretty happy about that...

I got a few games to list as recent purchases because of deals on psn and gamestop/Amazon and or other retailers.

V__1A85.jpg

Digital Purchases:

Oxenfree
Last Guardian
The Order: 1886
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Gravity Rush: Remastered
Gravity Rush 2
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed : The Ezio Collection
ESO Summerset Collector's Edition
YS Origin

i got resident evil 2 and 3 on psn.

the last time i played them was on disc's back in 2013.

Dragon Quest XI
Tales of Beseria
Digimon Story Cyber Slueth
The Last Guardian

All physical copies.

Resident Evil 2 (2019), pre-ordered Physical for PC. When i can i purchase alle the time every game on retail and try to skip digital, but sometimes there is no way.

Just pre ordered the physical version of Onimusha for the Ps4 at amazon.com.. To bad we do not get a physical version of the game here in Europe so I had to order from the states.

Grabbed Half Life 2 for OG XBOX; might still grab a PS3 version of Orange Box, but undecided if I care about Episode 1 and 2...

Also tracked down a Gamecube version of Twilight Princess in very fine condition. Much like rhythm and turn base games, I'm not the biggest Zelda fan--criminally casual and narrow curiosity. Wind Waker's sailing turned me off to the point of never returning even though I loved the art direction and gameplay. Skyward Sword simply doesn't appeal much like Ocarina or the 2D entires. Majora sounds really cool, admittedly, but so does FF8, neither of which I'll ever be able to trudge through. Thus, Twilight Princess with a classic controller inputs, rather than forced Wiimote, shall suffice and hopefully satiate all my minimal Zelda cravings.

Just pre ordered the physical version of Onimusha for the Ps4 at amazon.com.. To bad we do not get a physical version of the game here in Europe so I had to order from the states.

I've done the same, relcutantly too. Especially considering this isn't even a compilation of the series - Capcom did a HD Collection of the 3 PS2 Devil May Cry games, so to pay out for an import physical Edition of only 1 PS2 games gets me a little raw. Yet I still want it :p

psvitbuyy.JPG
I also recently bought a PS Vita recently. A silly impulse buy I put my hands up, I really don't play portale games but the appeal of a few titles like MGS2 or FFX on the go is enough for me. Plus games are on deal at GAME. But I have a decent bundle of games for it (Previously had a PSTV) so it's not all that bad. Just need get my screen protector before I use it.

Last edited:
Back