Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

For me, it's from 3 to 6 at night. I might watch it when I wake up the next day. If Shenmue is announced though, it will be known. :LOL: If there's no buzz everywhere for a Shenmue announcement, I'll be watching it with proper expectations at least.

There's a thing being sent to people in the fighting game community from SEGA in regards to TGAs(or this week, not sure)

Maybe the sequel Yu was talking about was Virtua Fighter 6.

There's a thing being sent to people in the fighting game community from SEGA in regards to TGAs(or this week, not sure)

Maybe the sequel Yu was talking about was Virtua Fighter 6.
Do you mean something like a press release is being sent out? If so, do you have a copy of its contents you could post here?

Edit: Nevermind I'm stupid, all I had to do was search and there's stuff about it everywhere. This really does sound like something VF really at the very least.

Last edited:
Most likely going to be Virtua Fighter VI, which I'm assuming they've pulled Yu in to assist if true.

If Ryo is a special guest character, I guess we can keep our hope alive? Lol

Most likely going to be Virtua Fighter VI, which I'm assuming they've pulled Yu in to assist if true.

If Ryo is a special guest character, I guess we can keep our hope alive? Lol
You can always just fight Lau with Akira and pretend it’s Shenmue.

You can always just fight Lau with Akira and pretend it’s Shenmue.

Nah just won't hit the same he's gotta have that brown leather jacket and blue jeans. Furthermore I'd like to see Lan Di, Xiuying, Niao Sun, Ren, Guizhang, Kiryu, Goro and Amon.

Do you mean something like a press release is being sent out? If so, do you have a copy of its contents you could post here?

Edit: Nevermind I'm stupid, all I had to do was search and there's stuff about it everywhere. This really does sound like something VF really at the very least.

She's a cutie

Why do we think Yu Suzuki is working on VF? That’s a great idea, but that’ll be the end of Shenmue. They have to spend a lot of time balancing and perfecting those games…

I don’t think we’ll ever see YS and Sega together again, personally.

Nah just won't hit the same he's gotta have that brown leather jacket and blue jeans. Furthermore I'd like to see Lan Di, Xiuying, Niao Sun, Ren, Guizhang, Kiryu, Goro and Amon.
Lan Di would beat everyone though. I did always wonder who would win between Iwao and Xiuying.

Why do we think Yu Suzuki is working on VF? That’s a great idea, but that’ll be the end of Shenmue. They have to spend a lot of time balancing and perfecting those games…

I don’t think we’ll ever see YS and Sega together again, personally.
I don't think that's the case. If he were it would be advisory and maybe this is wishful thinking they'd then let him use the engine for Shenmue 4.

I don't think that's the case. If he were it would be advisory and maybe this is wishful thinking they'd then let him use the engine for Shenmue 4.
Why wouldn’t Sega let Yu use the VF engine? Suzuki created the engine yet they refuse to let him use it?

Why wouldn’t Sega let Yu use the VF engine? Suzuki created the engine yet they refuse to let him use it?
They probably would for a price but they own it and can do what they want even though YS created it.

That doesn’t seem morally right.
Why doesn't it? Everything we create under contract to our employers belongs to our employers, unless there is an exception in our contract or they decide we can take without charge.

Hypothetically, Yu Suzuki might be able to negotiate that he can use the work he does on a new Virtua Fighter game and use that to aid development in another game, like Shenmue 4, if they did contact him. Realistically though, unless there is a financial insensitive for them, they aren't necessarily going to be like "oh yeah, sure, do what you like".

It's all hypothetical though. I seriously doubt Sega would bring him back to make a new Virtua Fighter. If Sega does work on something VF related, it'll probably just be some collection of the original games or enhanced port.

Back