Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

So sadly it will have the same graphics as 3 or a newer and improved version that won’t attract a lot of audience
They haven't got the luxury of using new graphics. It will be money wasted.

Use the engine they have and polish it. Besides there wasn't a huge amount wrong with Shenmue 3's look besides some models not being quite right.

Use the engine they have and polish it. Besides there wasn't a huge amount wrong with Shenmue 3's look besides some models not being quite right.
100%. Just some models and animations that could really be improved at this point. I thought it was funny how Yu kept mentioning not being able to focus too much on visuals during S3 development, and then just casually went on to drop the most gorgeous environments of the 8th gen. I don't even mean in comparison to other indies/B/AA, I mean they were honest to god stunning compared to what I saw in full fledged AAA like FF7R, DQ12, etc.

They need to set the price of Shenmue IV at a normal AA budget price point. Shenmue 3 looked like a budget indie title, so it's no wonder people weren't prepared to pay the full RRP price that they charged at release. The environments were stunning, but the menus, the interface, the animations, movement, character models, design all looked so archaic.

3D graphics:
Photorealism-Pyramid-Image-courtesy-from-wwwblendergurucom.png
All balanced = photorealism

Which one is more decisive? Lightning and rendering.

Old School styled maps rendered in FTEQW:
fte00060.jpg
fte00215.jpg
ad_tears.jpg
fte00160-new.jpg

Quake 3 maps compiled with better shading:
2325072968_842a351233_o.jpg
lun3dm5_1md.jpg

Original Quake 2 assets with Raytracing:
images (4).jpeg
quake-ii-rtx-geeks3d-img02.jpg
images (5).jpeg

The environments looked stunning for it’s budget but the animations, movement, character models weren’t good so with that being said i don’t get it if their gonna have the same budget or a little bit more why isn’t shenmue 4 supposedly in development

The environments looked stunning for it’s budget but the animations, movement, character models weren’t good so with that being said i don’t get it if their gonna have the same budget or a little bit more why isn’t shenmue 4 supposedly in development
Because they still need to show a publisher how they're going to make money.

Not saying it is or isn't in development but it comes down to money.

So if they use the same engine and improve on it then they can save some money as the basics are all there.

Because they still need to show a publisher how they're going to make money.

Not saying it is or isn't in development but it comes down to money.

So if they use the same engine and improve on it then they can save some money as the basics are all there.
I heard you can port your UE4 assets to UE5 is it true if so that’s great

Anyone willing to provide funding and willing to take a risk. Bonus points for a good marketing plan.

@spud1897 @Valascaziel @BruceWayne911 with ea being a big company do you think they could take on shenmue 4 i mean they have a bad track record but they did well with the new star wars jedi games and no way out

No EA is not going to invest in Shenmue. Sega won't even invest and they own the franchise. Our only hope is YSNet along with another small publisher.

Back