Random Shenmue III Thoughts

What a weird time to do previews for the game. These definitely aren't review copies because all the outlets are in the same room playing the game at what looks like a press event type thing. Seems odd timing to do this when the game is out in a month. Makes you wonder when they'll be sending out review copies.

Yea I've noticed that as well. However these could still be a review copy, if Deep Silver/Ysnet is hosting a first impressions/prereview, review event or something like that. It sounds odd, but it would be a pretty good marketing ploy, as it would make all the major outlets that weren't invited, clamering for review copies even more(media outlets loath being left out).

i think i will wait exactly until November 1st. thats enough time to see the reactions, articles and discussions
from the preview events and then its time to go offline.
getting the first two hours spoiled is not as bad as getting the whole ending spoiled.
starting with November 5-10th it will get super unsafe online
because it just needs one guy who shares everything from his early copy online and then somehow it ends up
in your Youtube or Twitter or FB recommendations or you will find it in the Google news section.

To contrast everyone here, I really don't expect the first 2 hours to really have much to spoil and if there is I really doubt the impressions of it are going to spoil anything. I dont know nothing about how 2 ends leads me to believe 3 is gonna have any major reveals so shortly after it starts.

I would prefer not to know too much, but I am more curious to hear some in depth thoughts and criticisms/praises to really gauge how this game will be received at least critically.

Clicked on the preview topic. Immediately read it has a pic of the unseen area. Backed out immediately. Ugh, this is going to be tough to avoid. Hurry up release!

I hope Deep Silver makes an official announcement to cool down any worries of a delay.
Yeah, it has indeed become eerily quiet. :D

II was thinking we might get a Kickstarter update tomorrow to confirm the gold status and count down the last month, but I just noticed it's Saturday tomorrow and Awesome Japan don't work on Saturdays if I am not mistaken., so no more updates this week.

The newly opened Japanese official website reveals all the main characters we will see in the game (including the shrine maiden):

The newly opened Japanese official website reveals all the main characters we will see in the game (including the shrine maiden):

So tempting to click that. Must resist...

Back