Random Shenmue III Thoughts

if you like VF5 or Fighting Vipers, you should know they're both in Judgment. I think Kiwami 2's got Virtual On OT. def. a bit of an advantage over shenmue 3's arcade, but i gotta say, lads, i fuckin' adore that whack a mole machine.

Sweet! I’m sure I’m going to get along very well with Judgement.

whack-a-mole is most definitely unexpectedly addictive. I do like most of the mini games in S3 to be fair. I even enjoyed Highway Star until I beat it. Now I don’t really go near it.

I’ve actually got Judgment to play as soon as I get the s3 platinum. I’ve heard and seen nothing but good things.
Its a very good good one I mean dont expect the world but it is solid as hell, Its probably the least melodramatic and generally less reliant on big thrills than the series typically does so dont go expecting yakuza outright even though it very much is still the same fomrula, but it stands so well on its own and probably has the best overall cast in the whole franchise, pretty much every character lands even small side characters, the villains are pretty fun too. Also god damn does its op drip style all around, got a friend to playt it just cause of the op alone.

Really the only major issue I have is the one mentioned above, that the actual detective aspects of the game kind of fall flat, the investigations aren't too obstructive but they dont really do anything interesting, but the trailing missions are pure pain and dont evolve at all despite how much you do them. A sequel could really do alot to polish this side up and make something really great hopefully.

I’ve never played any Yakuza games so don’t have any specific expectations at the moment. I’ve got 0 and kiwami on PSN and bought Judgement on a whim. Maybe Judgement is not the ideal place to start but I’m ok with that.

my Shenmue obsession began with S2 after all.

I’ve never played any Yakuza games so don’t have any specific expectations at the moment. I’ve got 0 and kiwami on PSN and bought Judgement on a whim. Maybe Judgement is not the ideal place to start but I’m ok with that.

my Shenmue obsession began with S2 after all.
Nah judgement is an absolute great place to start cause its a total new entry point alltogether with no ties to the past entires outside of an incredibly small reference to yakzua 6 in a single substory that doesnt even mention specifics to what its tied to.

I have more issue with people starting with 0 cause its a game that works way better as the 6th game in the series (which is what it was) than a starting point and that in general going through in order of release you get to see how the series evolves and builds on itself both gameplay and story wise, once you reach 0 its basically a game that will give tons of fanservice and dream scenarios for longtime fans. Of course if you start with 0 your not really gonna get a bad experience either theres a reason it popularized the franchise, but if you were gonna play through the series as a whole already, I do generally get people to start with actual 1 and work their way up, only for those that have a tolerance of ps2 jank though cause hooboy 1 on ps2 sure has it in strides.

But thats just my fanboy mind really start with whatever entry you want, they all are semi self contained anyway. They used to be alot more open to starting at any point really, 2-4 had these super long detailed story recap videos for the previous games so you basically were filled in on everything, 5, 0, and 6 dont past some short text recaps

Last edited:
If you have not bought the Shenmue 3 Pix n'Love Collectors Edition you still have a chance. They are currently in stock. Just bought another one. Don't miss out on this, once it's gone its gonna be hard to find.

Hell buy it keep for a few years and sell for 3x what it's worth when Shenmue 4 is announced.

This is not really related, but for those who got the Limited Run Games collector's edition and live in the UK, what's up with Asendia's tracking? I have something coming from LRG and basically they used to partner with Hermes here, but they recently changed it to Royal Mail. I used to be able to find a domestic tracking link when it was Hermes, but I can't seem to remember how and I'm not sure if it's because they use Royal Mail now.

My game has been stuck in the state "Current Package Status: Out of Customs" for ages now. Further down, it says:

ADDITIONAL TRACKING INFORMATION: Asendia has partnered with Royal Mail for final mile delivery of your parcel. You can link to their tracking site by clicking here:

But there's nothing to click...

Back