Random Shenmue III Thoughts

No mega spoilers please but i have 1 Question regarding phone calls in s3,does the dialogue / conventions change if you phone people at different parts of the game or is is it one convention per character? Thanks

No mega spoilers please but i have 1 Question regarding phone calls in s3,does the dialogue / conventions change if you phone people at different parts of the game or is is it one convention per character? Thanks
No, although calling twice back to back using the backer phone card will give you a unique conversation, I’ve heard.

No, although calling twice back to back using the backer phone card will give you a unique conversation, I’ve heard.
Just tested the kickstarter phonecard vs $5 one and they seem to give different dialogue ..So maybe 2 sets of main conversations per character(?) would be nice if there was more

Anyone try testing if a lucky color fortune helps with getting rare capsule toys? I noticed that the capsule machines appear to be red, green, blue etc and wondered, but I was nearing the end of the game and never tested it.

Other question! What was with the forklift you find early on Bailu in one of the stonemasons houses? I never found the owner.

Last edited:
I chalk that up to them pandering to people who didnt play the first two games or haven't in years. But that dialogue example I just posted is where things get really silly. Do they even play these conversations back to themselves?

For all the talk about gems needing polish, they should've heeded their own advice when it comes to the localization and/or dialogue...

Back