Question for third playthrough (NG+...+?)

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Final Fantasy XVI
PSN
Obi-Frans-Kenobi
Hi all,

I started my second playhrough in Niaowu as I wanted to see what the DLC was all about, if I finish the Niaowu section now -will it create another "complete game save" so that I can jump to Bailu with everything I gained on my second playthrough? Or is the complete save file for NG+ a one-and-done?

Obviously a Herb/fish-related question :hmm:

I just finished all the boat stuff but realized that doing the Zhang-quest takes me quite far into part 2 of the game. If none of this carries over I'd rather start on Bailu again now.

Hi all,

I started my second playhrough in Niaowu as I wanted to see what the DLC was all about, if I finish the Niaowu section now -will it create another "complete game save" so that I can jump to Bailu with everything I gained on my second playthrough? Or is the complete save file for NG+ a one-and-done?

Obviously a Herb/fish-related question :hmm:

I just finished all the boat stuff but realized that doing the Zhang-quest takes me quite far into part 2 of the game. If none of this carries over I'd rather start on Bailu again now.
Yes, completing the game will allow you to create a new completed save file. Everything carries over with the exception of side quest progress (they all need to be completed in one continuous run to unlock the trophy/achievement), including herb and fish data.

Yes, completing the game will allow you to create a new completed save file. Everything carries over with the exception of side quest progress (they all need to be completed in one continuous run to unlock the trophy/achievement), including herb and fish data.
Thank you!

I’m still having trouble with the herb trophy. I feel like I’ve collected everything in Bailu but the thing won’t pop.

Do you have to have every herb on your possession before it pops? As in your whole herb collection should be full in one hit and on your possession for it to pop?

I’m still having trouble with the herb trophy. I feel like I’ve collected everything in Bailu but the thing won’t pop.

Do you have to have every herb on your possession before it pops? As in your whole herb collection should be full in one hit and on your possession for it to pop?
Definitely not. On my first playthrough I sold/exchanged like half of my herb collection.

For Bailu a few sneaky ones that come to mind:

- 2 herbs behind the abandoned temple.
- Some liqourice herbs respawn. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed whether the respawned ones count to the total, but I'm fairly sure they do. The last one to make the trophy pop for me was a liquoruce next to the Verdant Bridge and I'm a 99% sure it was a respawned herb, as it was very visible.

Back