Potential Short Supply of Shenmue 1&2 HD

That's a shame. Hopefully a physical copy won't be super hard to find in the future. I intend on collecting a copy of each region but it won't be right away.

Please don’t make this another Panzer Dragoon RPG

Wasn't there like only 60k of those sold worldwide or less?

The impression I've been given is that the first run editions will be limited & that any subsequent runs won't have the poster and reversible cover. Most outlets stocking in will likely have a few more over their pre-order amount to account for walk-in's but it won't be like a Fifa or something like that where it is readily on the shelf.

In fact for me to get Kingdom Come: Deliverance I had to shop around and tried about 4 or 5 different stores before I got hold of it. Once the initial sales have happened I can see a similar thing happening to Shenmue HD in the short term. Hopefully not as this will impact sales

All that talk about gettin the Shenmue name out there and people are essentially ensuring that it has no physical presence in the shops. And what for? Hoarding multiple copies as part of some collection? I really don't understand this fanbase at times.

All that talk about gettin the Shenmue name out there and people are essentially ensuring that it has no physical presence in the shops. And what for? Hoarding multiple copies as part of some collection? I really don't understand this fanbase at times.

Slackers can always go digital... :cool:

And I am pretty sure that some of those copies will go to ebay at the end of the day :(

Slackers can always go digital... :cool:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying pal. In people purchasing umpteen physical copies for whatever reason, that's removing them from shop shelves, meaning less chance of some people happening across it.

Now the counter argument of it being a potentially small amount of people would be fair, but that's also discounting the also still very real act of impulse purchases and punts from non-"gamers" buying them as gifts for those who otherwise wouldn't know or bother.

Basically it's restricting Shenmue's exposure to the Internet. Obviously as a consumer you and many others are well within your rights to do this, but I'd stress the fact that digital copies are practically unlimited, so those being bought just for bumping up sales figures and/or gifting them to your mates, family etc. would surely make more sense as a download?

It's not something that I reckon's big enough to condemn or owt as condescending as that, I'm just somewhat surprised people are doing it given the previous almighty push that fans have done over the years.

If you've ever known someone who starts to act bitter towards people who've caught onto something they like years later because it's now deemed as an "in thing" ("I was into Batman before you were even born" type shit), then that's exactly what this feels like.

Not selfish, just ever so slightly dickish.

before the actual release date was announced, (i think this was in May or April?) the head of the french department of Koch Media
(the partner of Sega for EU)
tweeted that they wont produce that many physical copies and that you should pre order if you really really really want a physical copy.

Wasn't there like only 60k of those sold worldwide or less?

The impression I've been given is that the first run editions will be limited & that any subsequent runs won't have the poster and reversible cover. Most outlets stocking in will likely have a few more over their pre-order amount to account for walk-in's but it won't be like a Fifa or something like that where it is readily on the shelf.

In fact for me to get Kingdom Come: Deliverance I had to shop around and tried about 4 or 5 different stores before I got hold of it. Once the initial sales have happened I can see a similar thing happening to Shenmue HD in the short term. Hopefully not as this will impact sales
Not sure about Japan, but about 25K in North American and 1K in Europe.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/29...games-panzer-dragoon-saga-missing-masterpiece

before the actual release date was announced, (i think this was in May or April?) the head of the french department of Koch Media
(the partner of Sega for EU)
tweeted that they wont produce that many physical copies and that you should pre order if you really really really want a physical copy.

That's Koch Media's MO. They do the same with Shin Megami Tensei, the same with Atlus games on 3DS, the same with other SEGA franchises here in Europe. Pretty much get them whilst you can.

Yeah I gotta agree with this. Same thing happened with the Japanese limited edition, people kept buying 2 or more just to hoard them so everyone else will have trouble getting them...

Just get your one copy and move on, these things are limited and people besides us want them, don't be that guy...

Back