Portable Shenmue Bliss

If someone asked me years ago if I thought I'd be able to play an accurate Shenmue 1&2 portably, I would have probably leaned toward no. Well, with the release of the Shenmue series on PS4, I've been playing the heck out of them on my Vita and it's outstanding. Of course, we've had the option of emulating (DEMUL!) on the go if you have a very capable laptop. Reicast seemed awesome, but that seems to still have a few bugs. PS4 Remote Play has been so convenient. Has anyone had the joy of playing our beloved Shenmue this way while in an airport, on the throne, lounging in a hot tub, or some other crazy setting where you would have never guessed you'd be playing Shenmue?

I play Shenmue 1&2 often on a GPD XD while on the train. Near perfect emulation. Smooth. It felt surreal at first, like forbidden magic; now I've come to expect this convenience as a fundamental right given specifically to me from God because I'm the best. I guess portable Shenmue corrupted my soul.

I can play on my laptop. I tried on my Vita but lag really sucks. Makes QTEs a pain in the dick and honestly the controller itself really sucks with the triggers being on the back via touch screen...

Back