mjqjazzbar
Got an E-mail an hour or so ago.

These are the item(s) in this shipment:
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Games × 1
Physical (Kickstarter Exclusive Case) / Epic Game Store / Region-Free
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter × 1
Shenmue III EGS Slipcase

The end of our Kickstarter saga?

Nearing the end. Be intrigued to see what the cover looks like.

I am expecting a DVD case with the same artwork we got on the PS4 edition. Wouldn't be shocked if it's some flimsy paper case, though.

The PC game case is slimmer than your typical PS4 game case, and yet comes with a slip cover that's made in the dimensions for a PS4 game. The result is the PC case falls right out the moment you pick it up vertically if no pressure is applied. This coupled with the fact only EGS is found on the physical disc makes it a less than enviable item, to say the least.

The slip cover looks like those I see on Google images when searching Shenmue III slipcover, though mine is brown/rust colored. The front of the PC game case is Ryo standing next to Shenhua with the mirrors in the background (Same as the PS4 cover pretty sure). It says "Backer Exclusive Edition" in white text over a blue border on the top. The back says "The Legendary Story Continues" with some text underneath, then below that are three screenshots, and below that a Shenhua capsule toy image next to the text "SHENMUE SAVED". You can reverse this and get the same only most content in Japanese. As for what's inside, only the disc which has the same image as the front.

This is the only physical item I've gotten to date, though I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have gotten more than this. I suppose I'll have to get around to contacting them about it sooner or later.

Edit: I see this has all been covered in another thread, so whoops. But yeah the main takeaway here is the fact that the slipcover wasn't made to fit the PC case, which is pretty disappointing.

Back