Photo Report: Meetup in Yokosuka (January 2024)

Switch

Shenmue analysis at www.phantomriverstone.com
Last weekend an unofficial Shenmue fan meetup took place in Yokosuka, with about 15 people in total participating. It was really fun getting to know fellow fans and chat about our favorite series while strolling around the locations that provided inspiration for the first game.

Here's a photo post I wrote about the day's events.

https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2024/01/fan-meet-up-in-dobuita-january-2024.html

IMG_9315.JPG

414681890_1290985568527069_2017988065602759720_n.jpg

I was there last May and went to the Honey Bee too (the food was delicious)! It was my 2nd time there and whilst the impact was lost 2nd time around (the first time was truly special), it's still a wonderful mini pilgrimage to do :)

It's amazing that Shenmue staff were there too; hopefully they have many more anacdotes to share!

@Switch - there's lots of autographs on the walls of that place; did Yu-san do one as I couldn't see one!

Looks like you guys had a good time! Jealous! My goal is to make it there one day...
Hope you get to experience it one day! It's remarkable how little it seems to change over the years.

I was there last May and went to the Honey Bee too (the food was delicious)! It was my 2nd time there and whilst the impact was lost 2nd time around (the first time was truly special), it's still a wonderful mini pilgrimage to do :)

It's amazing that Shenmue staff were there too; hopefully they have many more anacdotes to share!

@Switch - there's lots of autographs on the walls of that place; did Yu-san do one as I couldn't see one!
That's awesome you've been twice! Yes, the first visit there holds a special memory.

I don't think Yu-san has an autograph anywhere as far as I know. It would be neat if he did.

But Shenmue is now represented in at least one place! On a recent visit @vfXander got permission to put up a dollar bill at George's Bar:

IMG_9129.JPG

1705110534760.png
(The Shenmue bill is on the wall around to the right on entering.)

Last edited:
Hope you get to experience it one day! It's remarkable how little it seems to change over the years.

That's awesome you've been twice! Yes, the first visit there holds a special memory.

I don't think Yu-san has an autograph anywhere as far as I know. It would be neat if he did.

But Shenmue is now represented in at least one place! On a recent visit @vfXander got permission to put up a dollar bill at George's Bar:

View attachment 19284

View attachment 19285
(The Shenmue bill is on the wall around to the right on entering.)
That was a great experience! It felt so good stapling a Shenmue homage in a Yokosuka bar, filled with sailors! I felt a QTE coming up at any time! :D

Back