Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 Remakes Announced!

Henry Spencer

I'm not a monster, it's only a mask.
PSN
harryangel666
XBL
Magiking
Ooooooh yeaaaah!

'PANZER DRAGOON: REMAKE' AND 'PANZER DRAGOON II ZWEI: REMAKE'
Forever Entertainment together with SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. from Japan will co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The premiere of the first part is planned before the end of 2019!

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility. The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!

http://www.forever-entertainment.co...make_i_panzer_dragoon_ii_zwei_remake_a01.html

SEGA are basically at this point handing out their legacy IPs to whoever wants to revive them, it seems like.

Apparently the dev has a bad track-record and the "more attractive to modern players " is a bit worrying if it doesn't just mean an optional super easy mode or control scheme, but still extremely excited for this out of desperation.

Edit: searched Japanese PD tag on twitter because I dunno guess I'm just mentally ill and really want to see other people excited for this. Turns out at least some are concerned after what happened with Shenmue HD. I did not realize they were also concerned about or even aware of the glitches in the remaster considering they got it way more patched than we did initially.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
If it stays true to the original then this could be superb. If not then the proof will be in the pudding.

I've seen a few mutterings over how it will be handled following the issues over the Shenmue ports. Good to see Sega bringing back old IP's but let's hope they get the respect they deserve to ensure a top quality product.

Well it seems to be the same publisher as the Fear Effect games, not the same dev though, who seem to have only formed last July in Poland. It’s one of those wait and see and could go either way. Regardless I’m just happy to see some activity with this series at all. Been dead for too long despite being up there with the likes of Shenmue, Yakuza and Shinobi for me as a favourite series from SEGA in the past. Fingers crossed they’re great games.

Just adds further credence, I find, that the source code for PDS has been lost :(

I love the Panzer Dragoon games. When I was younger, I played them with my brother, so there's a lot of nostalgia attached to this series for me.

A bit disappointed this relaunch does not include Saga and Orta, but I'm remaining hopeful that these might be remade later. I'm curious what these "modifications" will be. While I do love video games, I don't think I'm particularly very good at them, so an optional easy mode, especially for the first game, would be great for people like me who fancy an easier challenge.

Five years ago, I dreamed I'd see Shenmue and Panzer Dragoon back in the limelight. Maybe I should pinch myself just in case everything post-E3 2015 has been one big crazy dream.

I love the Panzer Dragoon games. When I was younger, I played them with my brother, so there's a lot of nostalgia attached to this series for me.

A bit disappointed this relaunch does not include Saga and Orta, but I'm remaining hopeful that these might be remade later. I'm curious what these "modifications" will be. While I do love video games, I don't think I'm particularly very good at them, so an optional easy mode, especially for the first game, would be great for people like me who fancy an easier challenge.

Five years ago, I dreamed I'd see Shenmue and Panzer Dragoon back in the limelight. Maybe I should pinch myself just in case everything post-E3 2015 has been one big crazy dream.
Or maybe you've gained the ability to make your wishes cone true...

I am not very familar with Panzer Dragoon. Just played one game on the Saturn, forgot which one, but I can stil remember it was nice. Never played other parts of the series though. Maybe I give Panzer Dragoon Orta on the Original Xbox a try.

I am always a supporter of the idea to give old series a new game but lets see first how well the developers can handle the Remake.

If they do it right, a Panzer Dragoon Series would look awesome with todays Technology.

Just adds further credence, I find, that the source code for PDS has been lost :(

they can reverse engineer the game an old ame like PDS I think if the source code was lost... but if they are remaking them I guess they already did that or found the source code?

they can reverse engineer the game an old ame like PDS I think if the source code was lost... but if they are remaking them I guess they already did that or found the source code?
The issue is they aren't remaking Saga. Or atleast they haven't announced they are.

It would make sense to reverse-engineer it, but why haven't they done that already then?

Keep in mind that the Saturn was notoriously difficult to code for, so that might be a problem too.

It would make sense to reverse-engineer it, but why haven't they done that already then?

Keep in mind that the Saturn was notoriously difficult to code for, so that might be a problem too.
Lack of financial incentive. It is certainly possible to RE the game.

Back