NEW INFO - Shenmue 3 Reboot Conference Summary

A mass of news and details. Took us all by surprise for sure.

The game looks amazing and with 3 months of polishing before it goes gold it can only get better. This is it! Enjoy the ride

This will improve all characters including this one: 2677

Look at this one behind the menu, much better: 2678

We've nothing to worry about. The game is coming along very nicely.

This will improve all characters including this one: View attachment 2677

Look at this one behind the menu, much better: View attachment 2678

We've nothing to worry about. The game is coming along very nicely.
It's an eyes thing, IMO.

I don't find the first NPC's design offensive at all, just his eyes have the same eerie brightness Lan Di's had during The Prophecy trailer. The second NPC doesn't have that issue. I just figure they haven't finished tweaking his character lighting.

Personally, I love the pawn shop guy. The lamp shade is an especially Shenmue levbel of fine detail I'm loving. Also, most of the pawnshops keepers in Shen2 were goofy looking, aside from the Fortunes Pier Lucky Hit stand operator @ShenSun posted, haha (pretty sure it is Aberdeen?)

In addition to Suzuki trying to ensure the character models adhere to a unified and cohesive vision, there's the swath of NPCs being outsourced to and handled by Lakshya Digital, which will be completely normal and unified.

I'm almost certain Suzuki was specifically referring to his internal staff at YSNet, for certain models.

Why not? I'm not shutting them up by noting it's usually the same old faces with the same old complaints, no matter how far the graphics have actually advanced over the years.

Why do these people have to be protected?
Do you not see the irony of calling me condescending while you write these posts? You're belittling their opinions even now, you just can't help yourself...

All Shenmue fans should be protected from trolls attempting to silence them by labeling them with dismissive language, especially here of all places...

If you want to say that you disagree and you think the graphics look great, or that the graphics look good enough for a budget indy game, have at it. Plenty of others have done just that, myself included. But just leave at that... No personal attacks or inflammatory language needed every time someone points out that something looks sub par to them...

Oh look, its the lady from the earlier videos. They've changed the design of her top though. :)

index.php

P0clgiD.png

Final word on the argument above:

Calling someone a usual suspect isn't a personal attack. And Spaghetti is being purely observational in expressing this. He's not actively going after these people and telling them what to think.

Either way, it's really not relavent to the thread. If people want to bicker then take it to PMs please. Don't want to hear any more on the matter here.

Something to keep in mind as well is that it seems they've still not implemented eye shading on NPCs which despite being a tiny detail, makes a world of difference in how natural the models look.

Before:
9f5bb41724.png

After:
d15b1d2aef.png

I'm sure it'll be present in the final version of the game. It's just worth remembering what difference such a small detail can make. Truly nothing is final until the game ships.

Back