Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Resident Evil 2
PSN
LordLudichris
XBL
NinjaLudovic
Good day, everyone. I apologise if introduction posts are not a convention on this forum but I'm Ludo.
I come from England and speak English as my native language but can also speak Welsh and am learning Dutch.

I became a Shenmue fan because of the remasters, I almost dismissed it because of how reviewers talked about it, but I played it out of curiosity and enjoyed it much more than I expected. I'm usually a pretty impatient gamer but I think Shenmue is one of very few games that pulls off this format of gameplay correctly.
I liked it so much that I now have a PAL Dreamcast with the PAL versions of both games.

Since I play Xbox but not PC or PS4/5, I am gutted there is no Xbox version of Shenmue III, as while I'm aware some people were disappointed with it, I'm desperate to continue the story.
However since I can't hold my breath on an Xbox port it is probably best I get into PC gaming, yet I am still curious as to when Shenmue IV will be announced, and what systems that will come out on.

Welcome aboard, glad you weren't swayed by the "critics".
If you loved Shenmue because of the atmosphere and sense of place, I think you'll love Shenmue 3, because it had those in spades. Just keep in mind there is like 20 years gap between 2 and 3... There will be jarring changes... But at it's core, it's very much Shenmue

Welcome to the Dojo,

happy to see a new fan. Yup, the question about when Shenmue IV will be out is easy to answer: Nobody knows sadly. A lot of people speculate an announcement will be made in correlation with the anime. However there is no solid evidence for that.

Well, I guess you get the full Shenmue experience this way: Waiting for the next game.

That sound more pessimistic than intended. Take it with humour. The wait for Shenmue 3 is what tightly knit this community together so even that has its upsides.

Welcome aboard, glad you weren't swayed by the "critics".
If you loved Shenmue because of the atmosphere and sense of place, I think you'll love Shenmue 3, because it had those in spades. Just keep in mind there is like 20 years gap between 2 and 3... There will be jarring changes... But at it's core, it's very much Shenmue
Oh yeah, I've generally avoided watching any reviews or massively detailed videos about Shenmue III since I want as little spoilers as possible but the trailer does look pretty and more like Shenmue made for 8th gen consoles more than anthing else.
One guy even told me he just watched the whole game via a lets play but I'm definitely going to wait since Shenmue is absolutely a story best told in video game format.

Many of us are wondering about the alternative universe where it never got delayed but it very much looks like how the man himself Yu Suzuki intended it. If most of the Shenmue fan base patiently waited 18 years for it, I'm sure I'll get the chance to play it soon enough.

Welcome to the Dojo,

happy to see a new fan. Yup, the question about when Shenmue IV will be out is easy to answer: Nobody knows sadly. A lot of people speculate an announcement will be made in correlation with the anime. However there is no solid evidence for that.

Well, I guess you get the full Shenmue experience this way: Waiting for the next game.

That sound more pessimistic than intended. Take it with humour. The wait for Shenmue 3 is what tightly knit this community together so even that has its upsides.
Yeah I'm just still waiting for it under the basis that Yu Suzuki has promised the fans that the story will be finished, while the animation looks promising, it really wouldn't be right to end the saga in something other than a video game.

Good day, everyone. I apologise if introduction posts are not a convention on this forum but I'm Ludo.
I come from England and speak English as my native language but can also speak Welsh and am learning Dutch.

I became a Shenmue fan because of the remasters, I almost dismissed it because of how reviewers talked about it, but I played it out of curiosity and enjoyed it much more than I expected. I'm usually a pretty impatient gamer but I think Shenmue is one of very few games that pulls off this format of gameplay correctly.
I liked it so much that I now have a PAL Dreamcast with the PAL versions of both games.

Since I play Xbox but not PC or PS4/5, I am gutted there is no Xbox version of Shenmue III, as while I'm aware some people were disappointed with it, I'm desperate to continue the story.
However since I can't hold my breath on an Xbox port it is probably best I get into PC gaming, yet I am still curious as to when Shenmue IV will be announced, and what systems that will come out on.
Welcome to the forums, Dojo and wider Shenmue community.

Great to see someone take a punt on the series, despite the naysayers, and come out of it as a fan. Shenmue 4 is still in limbo but we found out, around this time last year, a proof of concept for 4 exists as they were pitching 4 to publisher's.

We also have the anime inbound as well so 2022 could be a very exciting year.

Back