Mental Health Dojo

Once again, thank you @Seaman for sending me best wishes. I knew almost straight away that when I created an account here at the Dojo that many of us struggle day to day with various problems, but that's not the real reason. Let me tell you: I deleted my FB account three years ago because people couldn't stop harassing others based on someone's social status and kept nagging everyone about all their achievements in the form of diplomas and dream jobs. As a result I have decided to ghost everyone and have made a decision that other than here at ShenmueDojo I will never ever have another social media account.
But yeah, the whole situation has calmed down a bit, yet there's still a mountain of damage in nearly every major town. Thanks to everyone offering selfless help, I can already tell that the repair process won't be so long, as nearly every nation in Europe and beyond is on our side. Once again, thank you to everyone. Peace out.

Greetings again my fellow Shenmue fans!
I am back with another update and this one will be a really juicy one, I promise! Where should I start? Well, for one I started working out at a new and a very modern gym in my town. This time, I will have two different coaches that will be looking over me and my diet and boy, am I looking forward to working out with them on a regular basis. Furthermore I am being monitored at a special diet course in one of the clinics and I am glad that I'm making headway in my life both socially and privately.
There's even more good news: right now I'm writing this post on my brand new laptop that specializes in gaming. I also bought a brand new printer that works a lot easier than my previous one.
Outside of my private life, following the floods that hit my country, the situation has calmed down significantly, yet there are still critical parts of some cities, particularly in the north that are still waiting on a green light.
As I mentioned exactly two months ago, I am very, very grateful for every bit of aid that has arrived to us in various forms. May it return to everyone twice as much.

Thank you Seaman! Thank you very much indeed. What's more, my mother bought herself her first Iphone. For the past three days I had to help her get through the whole "barrier" of swapping Android for IOS and as a result I ended up becoming dog-tired from getting all the apps together and running. Fortunately I managed to show her all the ropes needed and now she's absolutely thrilled to get the phone up and running.

My heart goes out to Isreal, the families impacted by the atrocities over the last few days, as well as the non-combatant civilians that will be harmed or killed in the retailiation. Just watching some of the footage being released is horrifying. The world is in the midst of dark days.

My heart goes out to Isreal, the families impacted by the atrocities over the last few days, as well as the non-combatant civilians that will be harmed or killed in the retailiation. Just watching some of the footage being released is horrifying. The world is in the midst of dark days.
Hopefully it is over soon. As ever it is the ordinary people on both sides who suffer because of a few maniacs who have zero regard for human life.

As much as I have much criticism for Israel and its policies, the actions of Hamas in the past few days have been truly abominable, indefensible and, yes, evil.

I hope that this awful situation resolves peacefully soon, but unfortunately I think it may well get worse before it gets any better. I hope I’m wrong.

I think it is safe to say that the 2020s are more or less the "Apocalypse decade". First the Coronavirus, then massive lockdowns and riots and now two major wars that shook us all. My opinion on any war is that they are completely unnecessary. Think about the civilians and casualties on BOTH sides. As of right now, my heart is with everyone over at Ukraine and Israel, but also with people of Russia and those in Palestine and the Gaza strip. Personally, I do not take sides in any of these conflicts. Like I said, I feel bad for BOTH sides, because in the end every casualty and civilian killed in action is a very heavy burden to bear. Like JP said, it is always the politicians who make such abhorrent decisions, mostly because they think it is the only way out, but it isn't. Why do you think we have diplomats in the first place?
But yeah, I really hope that both conflicts end peacefully and with some kind of treaty, if possible. Moreover, there's a potential third armed conflict looming in Serbia, with Vućić and Kurti exchanging insults and sending multiple troops down to Kosovo. I'll pray that this doesn't happen and continue praying for the current conflicts to end.

Agreed @Shansun95 some people looks like dont see that understanding the pain in a war side doesn't imply blindly endorsing the other. I simply dont enjoy people getting killed. Im not with any of the ruling authorities, neither those who actively and publicy claims for the annihilation for "the other". Im with both sides innocent lifes, specially the children (always paying for the adults ambition and madness).
If ones put two children from both sides, without any adult indoctrination, they would hug and play together.

There's another dangerous war which its at a stone throw from where I live, the Sahel conflict. Its another post-cold war proxy armed conflict and the consequences are already showing off. Last week one of the Canary Islands recieved the 10% of its population in a migratory wave, just in a day. Including babies severely dehydrated.
Also Taiwan feels round the corner (next year or 2025).

road rage

its rare but i've had people shout abuse from their cars at me in the past.. i've just had to take it because they drive off.

this time i had the opportunity to confront a road rage driver who wound down her window and shouted something at me after i crossed the road. god knows why.. maybe she was angry because i made her stop? turned out they got stuck at the lights so i went up to her car, driver side and confronted them.. i wanted to know why she was shouting at me. i was a bit angry.

i thought i would get some sort of response which would make me feel better but instead i got nothing. this middle aged white woman showed no emotion and just looked through me. the only thing i saw was a twinge of anger as she drove off.

in hind-sight, confronting this road rage driver a waste of time.

Last edited:
Don't bother: I only react to people if they do something stupid like cut me off or if they are in the left lane going 105 km/h and people want to go 120+ km/h and when I need to pass (I live in the middle lane), I can't because of morons like that.

I usually just give them the Italian hand and that's it, but it rolls off my back and I don't hold it in.

Other people though? Man, people need to mind their ******* business and just worry about themselves. I am an, "ascended," driver if you will: between videogames, the tiny bit of Karting I've done and the fact that I study the road and my car (and how to live within the, "ecosystem," of the road), I'm not a slow pleb like the VAST majority are.

I stick to 10 km/h over the limit on every road, weather and conditions permitting. It's fast-enough that you can still be safe, not get nabbed by the police and you save time driving like that.

But when people are going 50 km/h in a 60 zone, you can bet your ass I will pass you. In almost every situation, the person flashes me, gives me the finger, just something, because I passed them.

IT'S LEGAL, IT'S SAFE, IT'S A PERMISSABLE ACT, so why are you angry?

A few months ago, there was someone turning left and stopping traffic as a result. There were 2 cars behind them and I was the 3rd car.

So I decided to go off on the shoulder and pass them, as we weren't moving, I was in a hurry and it was completely safe to do so.

So I did and about 3 seconds after I was clear, the guy turned left. I see in my rearview that the second of the cars waiting (a pickup truck) passed through a solid, double line (so illegally passed) the first car waiting, went right up my ass and then at the next light, I turned left, they went straight.

I could see out of the corner of my eye, him rolling down his window and he proceeded to yell at me for about 15 seconds and he could hear that my music was very loud, but he continued to yell and I didn't look at him for even a second, driving away when my advanced green came.

The funny thing is, if ANYONE made the same maneuver as I did, in the same situation, I wouldn't even look at it twice. It's like people take vehicle movements and actions purposely against them and they decide to use that to get their anger out.

People are F'D.

@red @Truck_1_0_1_ here's my road rager repel tek: I have a white handkerchief next to me in the driver's door. When they start yelling me I pick the small tissue like this 👌and wave it like a flag of surrender. I can hear their brains shattering and their faces reads clearly not knowing what to do next, so they accelerate and dissapear in the horizon.

@red @Truck_1_0_1_ here's my road rager repel tek: I have a white handkerchief next to me in the driver's door. When they start yelling me I pick the small tissue like this 👌and wave it like a flag of surrender. I can hear their brains shattering and their faces reads clearly not knowing what to do next, so they accelerate and dissapear in the horizon.
I’m reminded of the scene from the film Blind Fury where Rutger Hauer’s character, who is blind, has to drive a truck with some kids guiding him.

He veers into the next lane and hits another car

Other car’s driver: “What’s your problem, jackoff?! Are you blind??!”
Rutger: “haha, yeah… what’s your excuse?”
Other driver: “holy SHIT!!”

I’m reminded of the scene from the film Blind Fury where Rutger Hauer’s character, who is blind, has to drive a truck with some kids guiding him.

He veers into the next lane and hits another car

Other car’s driver: “What’s your problem, jackoff?! Are you blind??!”
Rutger: “haha, yeah… what’s your excuse?”
Other driver: “holy SHIT!!”
I frickin loved that movie when I was a kid. Those 80s sincere titles... He is blind, he is furious: Blind Fury it is!

Reactions: JP_
It's been a while since i've posted on here and i'm going to do a stream of consciousness post.

Times have been tough lately. My father is off long term sick with a bad back (and was briefly hospitalised with pnemonia), my mother was made redundant last week and my brother was hospitalised yesterday with a seizure (the first he's ever had). He's also made a breakthrough by admitting he was an alocholic. He's trying his best to curb it. If only for the sake of his young son.

It's a lot to process for me; especially as someone who is overly sensitive and trying to live my own life. I believe in trying to nip things in the bud, so if it means helping my parents with getting (deserved) benefits by helping them with uploading documents as they don't understand computers, helping my brother by teaching him about budgeting, then i'll fucking do it. If I could, I would absorb their sadness so they can be happy. I didn't know about my brother being hospitalised yesterday until just now because my parents thought I would panic (and they were correct).

I'm grateful to my work who have been supportive. I'm currently working for two teams until Christmas and I am still very shy and quiet around my old team. My temp team are great because it's a small team and I can work unmasked (bearing in mind I have aspergers), so going back to working in an open plan office is tiring work.

I am also worried about my dear Butters-dog. He's 15 1/2 and every day I keep thinking "today's going to be the day he will leave me" and my heart will be broken. And yet, when I see him twice a week he keeps smiling. He can't move much anymore other than going to the toilet, but he still likes a belly rub and lots of treats.

I'm mega miticulous with money, but i'm being naughty by spending lots of money on blu-ray and vinyl. I have a wedding to pay for (and not a lot to do it with), but I never ever spend what I can't afford. I still feel bad though.

In happier news, my fiance's visa was approved, but by the time she arrives in the UK, we only have 6 weeks until we get married. I'm doing as much planning as I can, but I don't understand lots of things. I'm getting lots of support, but I feel stupid for not knowing things. I desperately want to be a good husband, but i've been burdening her by offloading my sadness onto her. I love her so much. She encourages me in a way that I feel invincible for a brief moment. She is doing an original illustration for our wedding invite and it's the most adorable thing <3

I feel bad she's giving everything up to be with me (she works for the Pokémon company) and she's going to become an illustrator full time. It's going to be scary, but I hope we'll be OK. Her 2nd book was just published in America and one of my friends wants to do a museum exhibition of her work (it's a tiny museum, but he has held some Banksy's lately). so I hope things will work out. I only have a minor salary.

If you're on the Shenmue discord, you've likely heard some of these woes and I want to say thanks to those who have sent messages of encouragement. I've met some of you in real life recently and i'm grateful to know good people exist :')

Thank you sir. I believe things will be OK, but I am ashamed I have to put my head in the sand at times in order to stay mentally healthy. I'm sure my family feel bad to need help from me, but I want to do right by them. All being said, I have limits and i'm scared i'm about to hit a wall.

But thank you for the kind words. *hug* <3

Sounds like good and bad, BC, but the good is VERY good! I'm happy for you, that your life is progressing well: there will always be a ying/yang to everything though, thus all I can say is make the most of the good times/stuff and revel in all of that! :D

Don't worry about that wall: smash right through it ;)

Season's Greetings everybody!
First off, allow me to re-introduce myself under a brand new username LittleBoShenmue. The reason why I did this is because my original username felt like a copy-and-paste of one of the moderator's username and above all, it was very cheesy. Right now I'm spending my holidays in Croatia, as usual and I do have some news to share with you guys.
First off, two weeks ago I've been hospitalized due to a fit of rage I threw at my house, because a mother of a very good friend of mine accused me of a serious crime I did not commit. Don't get me wrong, I never throw rage tantrums, but this time I went so far that I nearly injured my mother. I had a mental breakdown due to this and my mom called an ambulance and the police to have me hospitalized. The policemen saw and realized, that due to my mental condition billing me a fine is out of the question and illegal due to a law in my country that does not allow to fine individuals who are deemed mentally unfit, especially if you're handicapped, like me. I then spent a week at my town's ward, where they prescribed me a medicine that I know too well: Zoloft. With Zoloft I feel like I'm totally new and improved. However, I do have a complaint about the fact that my psychiatrists put a complete halt on me taking Zoloft somewhere between 2015 and 2016, because they thought it would be "unwise" for me to be on it anymore. so for nearly ten years I've shook hands with at least ten different pill brands and my body nearly broke down from all this.
Now however, I feel completely new now that I'm back on Zoloft and have also stopped eating too much and started losing weight.
So, if I change the topic to something more happy, I re-started taking up piano lessons after over ten years as well. I still need to pay my tuition at the school and then I can finally start fresh from scratch without worrying too much about some absurd little things anymore. And yes, I started playing George Kitchen's Shenmue fan-made game and it is absolutely on fire! Really brings back all those memories, despite never playing the first two games... yet.

Back