Left Alive

Henry Spencer

I'm not a monster, it's only a mask.
PSN
harryangel666
XBL
Magiking

Had a topic at the old place, thought this game deserved one here as well what with a new trailer from TGS.

Releases February 2019 in Japan, just '2019' for the rest of the world (for now).

FINALLY something new. Hasn't even been that long, but the wait to see anything more substantial out of this seemed like forever.
As far as actual new, original games go, this is pretty much top of the list for me (most other stuff I'm really looking forward to is remaster/remake).
Those english voices are a little too... "anime," I guess. Not a fan of that whole tone. Really hope there's a Japanese voice option.
But otherwise, it's just wonderful as hell to be seeing anything new from the Front Mission universe.
Need to see more in the way of gameplay, but in terms of regular old stereotypical gamer overreacting excitement... yeah, I'm more hyped for this than just about anything else.

Yeah this is my most anticipated game now too. I'm happy to just see them do something with the Front Mission IP, the fact that it's got a real Metal Gear influence this time makes me even more curious about it and they have three perspectives to play the story from and seems really cinematic. There's actually very few Japanese games like this nowadays, definitely seems like the kind of game you'd get on the PS2 (which would get compared to Metal Gear).

Speaking of which, i don't think there's a series with as many artists that have been as consistently awesome as Front Mission; Yoshitaka Amano (FM1, Gun Hazard), Jun Suemi (FM2), Akihiro Yamada (FM3), Ryuichiro Kutsuzawa (FM: Alternative), Yusuke Naora (FM4, FM5) and now Yoji Shinkawa, not even exaggerating, some of the best artists I've seen in general, not just Japanese artists. If the game is a hit they should hire The Silver Case/Flower, Sun & Rain/25th Ward artist next, his beautiful and gritty art would really suit the FM universe and continue the trend of hiring fantastic artists (an area which I think FM is severely overlooked in).

Yes the game looks quite intersting indeed. Never played the Front Mission Games though but I always thought the Setting is cool. I also used to be MGS fan, so it is nice see the Design of Yoji Shinkawa again.

It also seems to be a rather fresh game idea. Ok making a mech game is nothing new per se but we haven't seen much title like recently. Or maybe I just missed them. Not completly sure.

Anyway I am looking forward to it.

It also brough the Front Mission Series back into my mind. Maybe I will try to old games out in the near future. But if I am not mistaking just Front Mission 3 was released as a Pal Version? So I could just play part 3 then...

Yeah Front Mission 3 is a great game, a very largely forgotten Squaresoft flawed masterpiece (1 was released on DS in English so you could import that if needs be as well).

4 got a release in North America and 5 got an English fan translation (as did the SNES spin off Gun Hazard), so you have a few options anyway. They’re all great games. Vastly underrated.

Thanks for the advice. Then I will look into the DS Version of the first front Mission. And also try go obtain a Disc of Front Mission 3.

Back