Is there an easy way to spend your forklift wage in Dobuita?

iyapol

Dried Fish or Fried Tofu?
I know there are ways to stall the game when you are doing the forklift job, but is there an easy way to spend all of your hard earned cash in Dobuita?

It really bugs me that you finish the game with thousands of yen, especially knowing what happens at the start of Shenmue II!

There's only so much money you can spend at the Harbor before you get bored. I would much rather blow it all in Dobuita.

The job finishes at 5pm, but there is usually a block on getting the bus back which means you get no more than 2 to 3 in game hours in Dobuita.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Nope, you have to wait until 8pm to catch the bus back, which means you get a maximum of three hours to spend money in Dobuita. Best spend it quickly.

Cheers @DigitalDuck. I'm not too keen on the Harbor. I wish there was more to do in the rest lounge than just darts, jukebox and three capsule toy machines.

It would be so much better if you had free time after you get sacked or time to say goodbye before you leave for Hong Kong.

As a side, is there any way to get more money before you get the forklift job instead of relying on Ine-San's ¥500?

As a side, is there any way to get more money before you get the forklift job instead of relying on Ine-San's ¥500?

Nope. You're left with an extra ¥9000 after buying your HK ticket, but aside from that it's just ¥500 per day.

If you want a quick boost of money in real-time (and don't mind advancing the calendar a lot), you can fail the QTE when sneaking into the Old Warehouse District repeatedly - you'll gain ¥180 every time you fail (¥500 from Ine - ¥320 bus fare).

Now that's something I never noticed lol

It really is so, so difficult to get all capsule toys, raffle prizes, slots prizes, arcade prizes, isn't it? It almost makes you think Yu didn't want you to collect everything!

Back