Is there a way to use HD textures without SpecialK?

Willom

A Superstar Rock
Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Various
I've heard that Special K generates textures as the game is played, so it causes black textures the first time an area is visited (unless a HD texture is present). Can forklift be used to just implement HD textures or is Special K the only option?

Forklift can be used to replace textures inside PKF/AFS archives and textures embedded within models (MT5/MT7). d3t actually created a mapping just for this exact purpose, so there is also the option of using that, it's called SDTextureOverride. I wrote a guide on this yesterday, here.

Using the SDTextureOverride.json method is the best method right now for swapping textures.

Forklift can be used to replace textures inside PKF/AFS archives and textures embedded within models (MT5/MT7). d3t actually created a mapping just for this exact purpose, so there is also the option of using that, it's called SDTextureOverride. I wrote a guide on this yesterday, here.

Using the SDTextureOverride.json method is the best method right now for swapping textures.
Didn't you say that was only used for creating mods?

Huh? Well, yeah. Because that's what we're talking about?

Forklift can replace files inside the TADs or you can use SDTextureOverride in a TAD by using the guide I posted.

Back