if the bluray sales good,It is possible to get Season2 anime

Shenmue anime did not get too much budget. If the bluray disc sales over 3000, I think the anime team will wanna make Season2 animation.

It's unlikely Blu ray sales would make any difference - it's all about if it drove crunchyroll subscriptions rates and adult swim viewership - it has performed well on the latter but we will unlikely see any data for the former.

It's unlikely Blu ray sales would make any difference - it's all about if it drove crunchyroll subscriptions rates and adult swim viewership - it has performed well on the latter but we will unlikely see any data for the former.
Actually home video releases can make quite an impact, alongside overall merch sales!

Oh I agree, but it's more a "cherry on top" more than the primary needle mover. It's like how Netflix releases some shows on Blu Ray like Narcos and Cobra Kai, but it's the streaming figures that determine the fate of further seasons in the first instance.

Oh I agree, but it's more a "cherry on top" more than the primary needle mover. It's like how Netflix releases some shows on Blu Ray like Narcos and Cobra Kai, but it's the streaming figures that determine the fate of further seasons in the first instance.
Again I have cursory understanding of this and not such how it applies to anime but Netflix actually make decisions based on data often outside North America in their high growth markets-

The truth is that when your show does very well in North America, as ours does, as far as Netflix is concerned, pretty much everybody who’s going to have Netflix [in North America] has it. They’re looking to drive subscriber growth in other parts of the world where this IP doesn’t have much recognition.

Full article

Back