How many copies do you think the HD collection will sell in the first year.

How many copies do you think the HD collection will sell in the first year

• <100k

• 100k-199k

• 200k-299k

• 300k-399k

• 400k-499k

• 500k or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
With the installed base that the current consoles have, I think it will sell over 1 million of units, maybe a little more than the Dreamcast version.

Yep, stocking up for the long haul as well...purchased PS4 & XB1 Physicals for Collection...PS4 Digital for PS4 Pro Play....2 Japanese Special Editions for Framing...and Steam copies for PC eternity...looking forward to Switch for mobile next...

At least, 500k. Maybe even a million.

I think people is overestimating the demand for Shenmue, I think it will sell 100.000-200.000 copies at most

1 million copy easy! i am wondering if we could hit 2 millions?!

people are underestimating the hype surrounding the series for quite a while plus the acceptance in today's market for a game like Shenmue.
not to mention the advantage of releasing the games for a huge install base across three platforms! and at this price tag too.

2 million seems a bit unrealistic.
that would be more copies than the Resident Evil HD Remake on PC/PS4/Xbox One
which sold about 1+ mil copies and Capcom saw that as a huge success.

the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on PC and PS4 didnt sell 2 mil copies,
Last of Us Remastered on PS4 didnt sell 2 mil copies,
Yakuza 6 had the best NA start/release of all Yakuza games - they sold around 1 mil copies worldwide.

the only re release (Remake, Remaster) that reached more than 2 mil copies, was the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy on PS4.

so 2 mil copies for Shenmue HD seems totally unlikely if you compare it to other re releases.
doesnt matter if they are multi platform or not. so lets not overact with the numbers
or we might end up pretty disappointed.

Back