Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861

I actually kind of like that they kept the cartoony look. It looks better than I expected. Nice real time reflections and still keeps the vibe and atmosphere of the original games. I'm mighty keen to see how they actually play though with the new GTA V like controls.

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up Day One. Still unsure if I'll go Switch or PS5. Would be nice to have these games on a Handheld but will wait and see performance charts. I imagine they'll be 30fps on Switch and 60fps everywhere else.

I don't know why, but I'm not really that big on the way they made the old graphics look honestly. I usually don't mind what a games graphics look like, but it looks too cartoony in my opinion. Hope you enjoy the game when it comes out though!

I'll play it if they have a waypoint like newer GTA games. I'm really not interested in going back to the old ways of constantly looking at the map just to find my way.

Can't wait. 3 & VC were unplayable in a post-SA world, so it'll be nice to finally be able to go back.

I'll play it if they have a waypoint like newer GTA games. I'm really not interested in going back to the old ways of constantly looking at the map just to find my way.
You're in luck...Way points are a thing...as too are Mission Retries if you fail a mission.

Yeah, I'm excited to go back to these. The PS2 versions really don't hold up in terms of controls. I don't even think they really held up back then either...like people love to rag on Shenmue and its tank controls...but at least I can still play Shenmue with minimal frustration if not no frustration (I really don't mind the controls in Shenmue)...can't say the same for those PS2 GTA games...the auto aiming is fucking atrocious in them.

So I'm very keen to go back to them with the new control scheme. Will be curious to see how much easier certain missions will be made now with them.

Today is actually the 20 year anniversary of GTA 3 release. Starting to feel a bit old all of the sudden lol.

I'm interested to try them but not sure if I'll buy this at full price yet. On one hand playing through all 3 games story mode with better controls and newer graphics sounds appealing, on the other hand I played so much of all 3 of them back when they launched that I don't know if I want to spend that much on games that were just refreshed. They're definetly worth the price though it appears from this trailer. I wish they would have gone for a complete remake with photorealistic graphics rather than brushing up on the cartoony ones, but none the less these all look really nice and once they're out, theres no reason to ever touch the originals again. 3 and VC are unplayable and SA is very close to unplayable. I couldn't believe people were complaining that the digital stores took down the older versions before the release of this.

Back