Getting in touch with past members...

Anyone has a trick for getting hold off your old msn contacts? Used to chat a fair bit with Hellraiser, but can't even remember my old password for the araviel hotmail account.

@Araviel Hellraiser's "Ziming Hong" on Facebook. He also runs the YouTube channel formerly known as Shenmue Dojo (think it's just called Shenmue Fans now)

It means a lot to me that not only have a lot of you came back, but have kept on coming back and posting. It really adds another dimension to the forum's to have you guys posting after all of these years.

It's been a week since launch, and I am in shock of how well things seemed to have gone down. ❤️

Hiya! I'm mue 26. I haven't really posted much on the Dojo for a good two years or so, maybe more. I was probably a bit ashamed of some of my less than mature posts from back in the day.

But I'm really glad this place is still going strong and I love the new forum, it looks fab.

Hope to talk with you all about Shenmue more.

Great to see familar faces returning again :) that's proper shite about Bysby though, hope he's alright and looking forward to the new releases :)
He had a major stoke. I talked to him a little bit after he had it then again a couple years after and like AG said. He seemed to only get worse. TBH I wonder if he is even alive. Loved the guy. I hope he is doing better somewhere.

Anyone has a trick for getting hold off your old msn contacts? Used to chat a fair bit with Hellraiser, but can't even remember my old password for the araviel hotmail account.

I was going to say, look under something called People or Contacts in hotmail.com/outlook.com (I don't know the exact name in English, mine says "Personer"). But then I read that you don't remember the password to your account. Can't you recover it?
Or maybe try using Skype or Onedrive instead. As far as I know, MSN contacts are shared between services and visible there.

By the way, it's great to see familiar names return. Regarding Bysby, it's a shame that he probably won't be able to play Shenmue III. I remember that he wasn't doing well but didn't know that things seem to have gotten worse :-/

Last edited:
I had to make a new account after finding out I couldn’t log into my Big Tuna account anymore. You get surgery and go away for a month and this shit happens? Totally kidding. I was pleasantly surprised by the change. The site appears to running much smoother and I love the layout. Thank you, Dojo.

@Araviel I still remember Hellraiser's old e-mail address but I'm not sure if it's still in use, if the stuff @Mittens2317 doesn't work then let me know.

The Bysby thing breaks my heart.

As people have already mentioned his health was rapidly deteriorating, after his initial disappearance I feared the worst, looked up his surname against the phone book for his area and tried calling every number. I didn't specify why I was calling but even saying "I'm looking for a friend of mine Steven" was hard knowing that I might eventually hit on the right number but I didn't.

When he got in touch years later, he told me he had amnesia and wouldn't be able to confirm anything (I knew a lot of details about his life that weren't available on the forums) and honestly I wasn't sure if it was really him or somebodies idea of a sick joke. To this day I still wonder about it with a sense of great regret.

Wow this topic is a blast from the past for sure, great to see so many old faces back :) That's indeed sad about Bysby though :(

Miles! I missed you man... I donno but I have many fond memories of seeing you on this forum (well - the old forum).

And welcome back all the others who came back while I was not following this thread properly! :giggle:

And of course I'm sorry to hear about Bysby...

I'm here. So... now what? I mean, what's going on?

Early thoughts while and just after registering : "Hm, the user name might require at least three characters this time. Ok, it does. There, solved." "I wonder if my .gif-avatar that I've had since the early forum days/dawn of time will work? No? Oh well, at least for now I'm sticking with this frozen frame."

All you need to do now is continue where you left off 3? 5? 10? years ago when Shenmue was still cool. Because now it's cool again! :cool:

Hiya! I'm mue 26. I haven't really posted much on the Dojo for a good two years or so, maybe more. I was probably a bit ashamed of some of my less than mature posts from back in the day.

But I'm really glad this place is still going strong and I love the new forum, it looks fab.

Hope to talk with you all about Shenmue more.

Feature Request: The ability to like a post more than once.

Back