General RGG Discussion

Just got the Platinum trophy after ~53 hours. First game in the series I've achieved it for.

Funny thing is there's still a good amount of in-game challenges I haven't completed, which is pretty crazy for this smaller entry.

Gaiden really is fantastic. While it hasn’t reached my number one spot, it’s pretty close and definitely in my top five. Currently, it’s Kiwami 2, Y0, Y6, Y3, and Gaiden, but another play through may change that.

Without giving anything away, the ending is just as beautiful as Y6’s ending. Nothing bombastic or anything. Just incredibly emotional storytelling that feels earned and genuine, ESPECIALLY for those who have been with the series since the very beginning. While Kiryu’s cameo in Y7 was nice, I’d really prefer RGG to just keep him separate from Ichiban’s story entirely.

I got my Yakuza Gaiden from Play Asia & Dai-yum:
View attachment 19096
They weren't kidding about it not featuring a hint of English! Still, aslong as the in-game menus and subs in English are there I don't mind - I can't check yet as it is reserved for Christmas :p

Should be fine. On shopee and other sites it says that the chinese / taiwan / hong kong version,
both english cover and chinese cover, are all coming with english text and subtitles
and it even puts the english text version onto your PS5 dashboard.

I don't think this has been translated in the West, so in an interview with a Taiwanese gaming media back in TGS2023, Yokoyama said that he cried nearly 10 times while making Gaiden and almost 20 times while making LAD8. This makes me curious about whether Infinite Wealth is really a bright and happy story as he said.
QQ图片20231204215147.png

Last edited:
I got my Yakuza Gaiden from Play Asia & Dai-yum:
View attachment 19096
They weren't kidding about it not featuring a hint of English! Still, aslong as the in-game menus and subs in English are there I don't mind - I can't check yet as it is reserved for Christmas :p
Yup, have to DL the patch after installing the game, but can confirm is entirely in English :)

Still on Chapter 2, but am now 26 hours in and I've only 4 Akame Missions to complete, 3 Stroll 'n Patrol and my Akame Network is up to 26 lol: I'm WAY ahead of where the game wants me to be :LOL:

I find it amazing at how refreshing the game is, despite it just being a repackaging of things we've done in the game for over a decade: anyways, I'm having an absolute blast with EVERYTHING, even Pocket Racer (save for MAYBE the Coliseum: it's fun, but super repetitive and that's saying something, considering how repetitive the combat in the series is lol. Pocket Racer gave me a ton of trouble in the earlier games, but as I was playing them in Japanese, that would explain it).

Shishido is just as awesome as I thought: the perfect character for some redemption (which means he's going to die, doesn't it? :'().

Anyways, I think I'm up to 39 trophies and will be clearing the Coliseum as much as can, before FINALLY heading to chapter 3.

As for leaving Kiryu out, if Yokoyama said that, I can't see Kiryu returning, unless it is another prequel or another spinoff of sorts: the story trailer for 8 basically had me convinced that
he WILL die at the end of the game or he will be a vegetable or something and something in the NEXT game that kicks off the story, will have his, "plug being pulled," or something of that nature

Either way, I don't see a Kiryu future for incoming installments, but that's far from a bad thing :)

EDIT*** And I know they will never see this, nor will the shitty fandom, but THANK YOU DEVS!!!!!!!! It is a small spoiler, but not to the overall plot, so I'll post it.

In the substory about ChatGPT "(ChotDDT," which has a kid using it to talk to a chick), Kiryu's main message to the kid throughout the substory, is to rely on yourself and speak from the heart, not to use a, "robot."

Well the last line at the end, has Kiryu think to himself, "(hmm, I wonder if I would've used this on Yumi back in the day... nah)."

THANK YOU DEVS for proving to the entire world that Yumi is indeed Kiryu's one-true love and that Sayama is a black stain that will never be involved in the series and never should have.

(yes, I realise this petty and completely unimportant, but the more Kiwami 2's negatives are not brought up/glossed over, the better :D)

Last edited:
Ok! So I lied and said I was 5 hours ahead of what I actually am lol: I'm NOW at 25 hours.

I think I've gone as far as I can, as I just cannot win the Hell Team Rumbles (I hate them) without having better guys, at this point (sure, they can level up, but 3 guys are silver).

Also, completed the Cabaret Club stuff and I believe I have finished off Pocket Racer fully, so I'm just going to get into Chapter 3 and continue off there: does The Golden Samurai join up once you defeat him?

I think so? I might have actually done that after I cleared all the matches and everything already. The Hell team rumbles are unfortunately what I feel are kind of the low point of the game. Why I ended up abusing a lot of the agent style, especially the amount of drones you can summon just running around. Kind of slept on upgrading the wire though. And I definitely spent a ton of time grinding already completed ones to max out stats of my guys and get money.

Yeah, the Agent-style weapons are GREAT and quite useful, but the fact that you do need to run around and you can't attack yourself, is a pro/con.

Really not a fan of that mode. Also, the fact that I still suck at the combat in this game, it makes it harder for me. I may need to go down to Easy...

But yeah, that chapter 3 plot... great tension, great acting by Kuroda!

Hell Team Rumbles are awesome!

You guys are drunk lol.
I will say, I FINALLY got everyone up to good levels yesterday and I S'd every platinum battle at that point: it becomes SIGNIFICANTLY more-enjoyable when you have a solid team behind you :D

I can now move back to the story, as I've done everything I can for now: shaping up to be done this weekend and will review it next week, hopefully be the first on Gfaqs :D

I've gotten an S for every Coliseum battle except the very last Hell Team Rumble, where I think I have an A. There are a few things left to do which I'll either come back for later or finish in a future second playthrough.

I like the idea of having some stuff left untouched.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of the story.

Can't wait to dig in tonight :D

Just want to beat the crap out of Nishitani: any pompous prick that paints his nails deserves a pummeling.

I'm probably going to just spend like 1 hour on that last HTR (in Chapter 3, so probably not the last one overall) and get the 6 mil Yen over and over, just so I can buy/max out all the abilities and have an OP Kiryu for the rest of the game lol.

Finally made it to Yakuza 4🤣😂. Deep down I'm thinking of starting Yakuza Like A Dragon since it's a new storyline.
artworks-wA5l8nV8lByIJMtQ-dq24fg-t500x500.jpg

Theres a new Kiryu Kazuma trailer for Infinite Wealth
but to be honest, i think its better to ignore it.

It has a lot of different little story snippets, with dialogue and characters about the past and whats going on
and its gonna hit different if you are seeing all of this for the first time in the actual game
without knowing anything from the trailers.

If you want the 100% surprise ride package, dont watch anything until the game comes out.

Thanks for the heads-up, Tosh: good to know for me to gauge whether or not I want to be spoiled ;)

Nishitani was A PUSHOVER and a half: not sure if it's because Kiryu is so OP in my game now or not, but I think I beat him in like 31 seconds or something? I liked traversing through the ship too: I've always considered myself a Maritime person and I love boats: being on them, seeing them, reading about them, etc.

Plot is starting to thicken a bit too, so that's got me roped in: heading towards the end of the 4th chapter now, so we'll see how things shakedown for the final chapter; have LOVED the ride, thus far :D

Back