Games you pretend never happened?

Oh, I already gave it another chance a few years ago. I hated it even more than I did the first time. It felt like such an insult not only to Bioshock, but to System Shock as well. I like Ken Levine, but I chalk Infinite up as his first major fuckup.

I knew there was one I was forgetting: Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

In the effort to combat an impossibly unconquerable hangover, I recently threw in the original Condemned for old times' sake. The original certainly nailed the horror atmosphere: the right balance of realism and a bit of curious supernatural smattering. You really felt like a naive yet hardened cop in a Max Payne world, but the drugs were truly rotting the people, body and soul.

The second completely ruined this atmosphere, though it did nail the combat control. That said, the plot of 2 is so confused and lazy that I treat the games as separate universes. Nice to make heads explode with your mind, though (finally, the fifth Wude).

Personally I loved it, the end was great (maybe I had to see a vid or two to finally reaaaally get it). You should give it another chance maybe.
I agree with you both. I loved the setting, the world and some of the plot was interesting. However, I did not like the combat, repetitiveness, time/dimension warp half way through that radically changes the progress of the story and overall feeling of a lack of execution.

The changes I would make from an gameplay perspective are -

• Not being limited to two weapons
  • Made it into more of an RPG and not a straight shooter.
  • Removed "Vigors" and essentially replace them with Elizabeth powers
Would also make a number of changes to the story. It's late so I'm going to think about it and probably post tomorrow if I get the time.

I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan. I have the whole collection. DMC1, DMC3,DMC4 and 5. Even have the remake. I'll leave it at that.

Back