Final Fantasy VII Remake

Riku Rose

Sex Panther
Banned

My favourite game ever and every time we see more of this I'm getting hyped as fuck. I wouldn't have believed we'd actually be seeing this on the PS4 6 months ago as it looked like another XV delayed forever scenario.

You know, I was never a fan of the original nor was a huge fan of the FF in general. I thought games like VI and IX were the best out of the ones I played personally. I mean I played VII it to the end, but didn't find anything special about it. I figured it was one of those games you had to grew up playing or it had to be your first 3D RPG or PlayStation experience to see the game in the way everyone else does. My point is, this game looks way better than the original and I'm surprisely tempted to play it once the price is around $40 or less used if I get the time. That is just me though.

Played the old version on PS1 some 15 years or more back. I remember liking FF 8 way better than 7 back in the day, although I liked 7 too.

Anyway, I've played this game before and I don't see myself interested in playing it again in any way, shape or form.

I'll pass on this one.

You know, I was never a fan of the original nor was a huge fan of the FF in general. I thought games like VI and IX were the best out of the ones I played personally. I mean I played VII it to the end, but didn't find anything special about it. I figured it was one of those games you had to grew up playing or it had to be your first 3D RPG or PlayStation experience to see the game in the way everyone else does.

100% mate. It’s my favourite game but it was one of those right time right place kind of things. People always say Mario 64 blew their minds but for me it was FFVII. I’d agree with you FFIX is a better game but it’s not the one that hits me with warm fuzzy feelings like a tons of bricks.

I just don’t want it to be another FFXV but other than that, I’m hyped for it. I can’t wait to see the Gold Saucer and I’d be more than happy to be a copy when it comes out if Lance Bass came back as Sephiroth.

Hey all.

I'm posting here because I trust your opinions and advice.

I'm wanting a deluxe edition of FFVII with all the trimmings and extras. Seen what I wanted but I'm in UK and the only place that does the deluxe version I want is GAME.

There's a base version at Argos but it has extra 7th Heaven content that the Deluxe Edition doesn't appear to have.

So questions: Is there going to be multiple editions depending on where you buy?

Nowhere else that I tend to shop had the Deluxe Edition I want. Is this just because it's prior to release etc?

I want to ensure I get a tasty edition of the game but on the release day because I've got time off around then and don't wanna wait etc.

Basically I want something a little nicer than the base game because the game is a big deal for me. I want the steelbooks/art books/soundtracks all day long. Happy to whale like a crazy man on this game.

Is it too early to discuss at this stage??

Anyway let me know your opinions.

Really wanna chat with folk who dislike Final Fantasy VII also as appreciate all opinions on this. Looking for a complete view.

While I would like the DE the asking price is absurd! I've got the game pre-ordered at The Game Collection for under £40 & GAME is asking £79.99 for the DE?! That's £40+ Extra for a Steelbook, Mini-Artbook & Sample CD... No I just can't. I might eBay hunt for the Steelbook after release but certainly not giving into games Xclusive BS!

Also, it is clear that this Part 1 will get a PS5 re-release in time when the series continues.

I have however ordered the Classic FFVII/Remake Vinyl Set:

Thanks for the clarity.

I'm an idiot when it comes to collector's junk at the best of times.

Your point about PS5 re-release makes total sense. I never even considered that at all.

I'll no doubt tell the story another time but basically FFVII is a very important game and experience to me personally and I want something memorable and special, however expensive or crazy sounding this may seem. The game is a huge deal for me.

Hope your pre-order goes smoothly.

I never pre-order however very curious your feelings on pre-ordering. Have you had positive experiences on the whole??

Oh Final Fantasy VII is a very big deal for me equally - VII, VIII & IX are my top 3 games of all time! However, I find myself not hyped for the Remake - I have a mindset where I see REMAKES as an indulgence and really I'm more interested in seeing where S-E go with the series after XV... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it! & I'm getting it Day One, but just not feeling much buzz around it as I would a NEW Final Fantasy title.

I often find Editions have mostly tat & that you can often get better items outside the Editions - Persona 5 had a separate Artbook & Soundtrack while the Take Your Heart Edition offered a sample CD & Thin Artbook. I tend to go for Special Editions if they're no more than £20 over the asking price of the basic game, usually £5-10 if they're just a steelbook.

As for Pre-Ordering, I've had very good experience in doing so, I'd say if you want to get a game within the 1st 6 months you can genuinely pick-up a good deal online (I got the Yakuza Remaster Collection for £35 - New, where as in stores it's £50). I have recently decided to Limit my pre-ordering though, as I find I often buy too many games but don't actually make the time to play them :O So, I'm trying to limit to 5 per year... (Yak Col, FF7R, Persona 5... Resident Evil 3 Remake & Trials of Mana Remake are also tempting me...)

Last edited:
Anyone download the demo today? I just played it...super impressed by it. I actually really enjoyed the combat more than I thought I would.

The. Demo. Is. Out??!!???!!!??!!??!!??!!

OMFG etc etc etc etc......

Anyone download the demo today? I just played it...super impressed by it. I actually really enjoyed the combat more than I thought I would.

I’ve mentioned this in another thread, never played a Final Fantasy game before as I’m not big fan of the genre. But I had a lot of fun with the demo and it’s absolutely stunning on PS4 Pro. It convinced me to definitely pick it up.

I’ve mentioned this in another thread, never played a Final Fantasy game before as I’m not big fan of the genre. But I had a lot of fun with the demo and it’s absolutely stunning on PS4 Pro. It convinced me to definitely pick it up.

Yeah, I honestly expected to hate it. Truth be told, ever since Square has moved towards Action over Turn Based, I haven't really cared much for the last few mainline FF games. So when they announced this was going to be action over turn based, I kind of thought I would hate the combat. And yet, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the combat in the demo. It's somewhere between action and turn based. But it kind of worked for me.

It very much raised my interest in it. Was originally going to pass up on it at launch because I will have Persona 5 Royal and Resident Evil 3 Remake to keep me plenty busy....but god damn, I guess I'm buying it at launch now because that demo impressed me enough to do so.

I have not touched the demo firsthand but after having seen a few of the youtubers I regularly watch go through the demo, I just don’t get the hype or all the gushing over the combat system.

It’s not as cool or flashy as stuff like Nier Automata or as engaging as something like Dark Souls or Bloodborne (all still action RPGs and not straight action mind you), hell it even looks less exciting than XV. And on the other hand, there’s a ton of limitations as a result of not being turn based that make it far more restrictive than the original or other turn based games.

Same problem I have with other supposed hybrids. Some can do it well, if they lean enough to one side, and I’d argue smaller stuff like the shooting and hack n slash hybrid of Devil’s Third worked well enough...but this, well, it wreaks of them wanting to be mediocre at both and master of neither. If I had to choose just one other example, Super Paper Mario was glaring in that all the action was extremely tedious and boring and the RPG elements were next to useless.

That being said, it’s not my main problem with this remake, and if it were just a proper remake then I’d be more likely to give it more of a chance...but as is, I’m probably never going to touch it out of principle.

I'll pick it up when it's on a sale and give it a whirl. I'm just not down with paying full price on each episodic installment approach to a completed story package I've already experienced. Maybe watch the updated visuals/cut-scenes on the tube just to satisfy some curiosity.

If you wait long enough after the final "episode" or whatever they'll call it is out, they'll probably release a "complete edition" or something like that on sale at some point.

If you wait long enough after the final "episode" or whatever they'll call it is out, they'll probably release a "complete edition" or something like that on sale at some point.
As far as we know the last episode could be on the next next gen of consoles.
I would say there are a minimum of 3 more episodes at a possible rate of 3 years between each one (those graphics are not easy to make) , would make the complete edition release date around 2032.

I've never really gotten into FF at all but thought I'd give things a go. Looks like a very well made game overall. The mechanics take some getting used to but are OK.

Still no overly sold on the game but that's likely down to personal preference really. I'm playing FF15 atm via gamer pass and again it's OK but I'm struggling to really engage with it

Back