Favorite money-making tips

I just hit another money wall in Chobu and am looking for people's goto strategies for making a ton of money quickly. Herbs have been clutch, but I've exhausted most of the obvious ones to pick. So far the game seems to be encouraging a combo of fortune telling + gambling, but I'm losing my patience with how repetitive and long the process is. Appreciate any tips!

Herb collecting was the main way I was able to not have to resort to save scumming and making it through on hard difficulty. I mean I was very obsessive how I went about it and searched regularly off the beaten path. If you have exhausted that option a couple of other ways to earn money legitimately-

- Fishing. You can make $200-250 depending if you choose expert rod and good location. It's pretty relaxing and doesn't eat up too much time unlike driving forklift which I believe takes 3 in game hours for 150 + bonus if you move all the required items.

- Rose Garden. If you got your skill level up to good amount, you can fight up to level 7-8 Duan pretty comfortably, and then restart those encounters. Take those tokens and buy high price emeralds at Prize cafe and pawn those off for $300-400.

I really liked the turtle racing. I bought 200 credits and went up to 800 after only two races. I expect to continue that to many more credits, trading those for prizes and eventually money.

Yeah, Turtle racing is fun and gains me a ton of winnings, when maxed (well, 6,000 for a 1,500 stake). I just can't keep doing it because my arm cramps up lol.

If there was a 3rd party turbo controller, methinks that we could smash those trophies and make a killing money-wise, in the game.

Yeah, Turtle racing is fun and gains me a ton of winnings, when maxed (well, 6,000 for a 1,500 stake). I just can't keep doing it because my arm cramps up lol.

If there was a 3rd party turbo controller, methinks that we could smash those trophies and make a killing money-wise, in the game.

I’m only a few hours in, but I’ve done the turtle race a few times. If I’m not mistaken do your winnings not come as gambling/playing tokens? How do you go about converting those to cash? Or am I just being an idiot here?

Nope, not an idiot at all, Sh3ppy!

From what I've read (in other posts), you can convert those to items, then sell the items (ala Yakuza... in the earlier titles... damn platinum plates).

Unless I completely misread what @code l name and other wrote...

For anyone that hasn't left Bailu yet PLEASE take advantage of these tips:

Once you make it to sunset hill:
- The color fortune in sunset hill is right next to the gambling spot so you can do that to guarantee winnings for certain games (well more like 90% as sometimes the fortune is wrong) I usually just play bird, wind, moon, bird. You get 4000 tokens at max
- For conventional jobs fishing is the way to go imo
- I lucked up and won the perfect 3 version of Lucky hit in Sunset Hills 3 times out of 5 attempts so Im good on money. It gave me 30,000 tokens each time I won.If you want to go this route I was dropping my ball usually towards the 3rd set of pegs from the right I think. Of course with the physics of the ball there is no sure fire way but maybe you can get lucky like I did.

Turtle Racing and Roll it on Top were my two go-to's

Especially when I needed 2000 Yuan for that bottle of Alcohol

Fishing is the highest paying job in Bailu. But it eats up time. Personally I don't mind the fishing. It's kind of nice and relaxing. And allows me to do side quests (I just did the get all 4 stamps fishing side quest)

Nope, not an idiot at all, Sh3ppy!

From what I've read (in other posts), you can convert those to items, then sell the items (ala Yakuza... in the earlier titles... damn platinum plates).

Unless I completely misread what @code l name and other wrote...

You are correct, you take the tokens and once it’s open take it to the prize exchange store to purchase items. You then take those purchased items to sell in pawnshop for real cash.

Also don’t forget there’s certain item challenges that unlock move scrolls from pawnshop so work towards collecting those too.

Where do I exchange tokens for prizes in Niaowu? I've looked pretty much everywhere and feel like an idiot.

I’ll add a tip for anyone still in Bailu village.

Bailu --> Joy Park: The Lucky Hit Lady who flirts with you.

Pick the 2nd Lucky Hit Board.

Bet 1000 tokens and drop the ball according to the photo below. 9 out of 10 times it will hit the target from that position and you can net yourself a stack of tokens very quickly and easily. Gives you three attempts. Just drop it right around where that photo indicates. That little triangular array of pegs makes all the difference in slowing the ball down.

I netted 25,000 tokens in about twenty to thirty minutes of play on this one Lucky Hit Board and since it gives you three attempts each time it works more often than not.

you want to drop it in that one spot. just depends on how it bounces, but more often than not it was hitting the target for me and I was able to net 25,000 tokens pretty easily on two seperate occasions.

Could also help for those grinding for the Token trophies. Unless someone knows a place where you can bet more than 1000 tokens?

D84636D3-8AFC-428E-948B-F7B0DF1A9657.jpeg

Last edited:
I ended up making my required money in Niaowu by save scumming the gem gatchapon in front of the fishing shop on Sereny road. It took about an hour and a half to get the needed money but at this point I was tired of fishing and chopping wood.

20191121_131737.jpg
I would save before doing it, spend around 200 yuan, and if I didnt get an emerald p I'd load my save. A full set sells for 1050 yuan. The image above shows a pretty good idea of the rarity spread. Emerald P is the rarest, while diamond p is uncommon. The rest I never had to worry about.

I found a way to manipulate the game’s shop/trade system and ended up with about 50,000 yuan. It’s still a little tedious, but much faster than gambling.

Back