• 7 (Like a Dragon)

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Story of 0 was the best imo.

PLEASE MAKOTO YOU HAVE TO MARRY MAJIMA NONI-SAN

Story of 0 was the best imo.

PLEASE MAKOTO YOU HAVE TO MARRY MAJIMA NONI-SAN
And that's why it isn't the best story at all :LOL:

As mentioned, I'm super-glad they kept his involvement in the series to minimal amounts, in the past 2 games, as there is just too much Majima-fatigue in 0 and Kiwami.

And that's why it isn't the best story at all :LOL:

As mentioned, I'm super-glad they kept his involvement in the series to minimal amounts, in the past 2 games, as there is just too much Majima-fatigue in 0 and Kiwami.
But the moment on
the plane
in YK2 (was it YK2 right?) was gorgeous tho.
FORGET ABOUT IT GET DOWN THAT FUCKING PLANE AND MARRY THAT GUY, JESUS CHRIST

I voted Yakuza 2 Kiwami, but I think that 0 is a better game/story.
But the Kiwami version is really polished and is just an overall treat.

3 is now my favorite because it's the most like shenmue lmao
Is it really? Because I've played some Yakuza games and didn't like it or notice much similarity to Shenmue. So I'm wondering now what's the most similar game to it is, maybe I should try Judgment? I particularly don't like that all of them seem to rehash the same damn place from game to game, I mean Kamurocho which I don't find to my taste while I really love the diverse locations of Shenmue, like small town of Dobuita and the port harbor in the first game or Hong Kong, Kowloon and Guilin in the sequel

Is it really? Because I've played some Yakuza games and didn't like it or notice much similarity to Shenmue. So I'm wondering now what's the most similar game to it is, maybe I should try Judgment? I particularly don't like that all of them seem to rehash the same damn place from game to game, I mean Kamurocho which I don't find to my taste while I really love the diverse locations of Shenmue, like small town of Dobuita and the port harbor in the first game or Hong Kong, Kowloon and Guilin in the sequel
In 3 you take care of some kids in a small beachside area in japan (I forget the locations name sorry lol) and they all live in an orphanage. You learn all of the kids personalities and struggles and learn to sympathize with them. The main cast is also smaller than most yakuza games so you get to learn them better. Gotta go so can't type more lol

Morning Glory (Asagao) Orphanage in Okinawa.

I went to Okinawa because of 3 and it is EXACTLY how the game portrays it.

Main cast for 3 is still fairly large; none of the games have a small amount of roles.

In 3 you take care of some kids in a small beachside area in japan (I forget the locations name sorry lol) and they all live in an orphanage. You learn all of the kids personalities and struggles and learn to sympathize with them. The main cast is also smaller than most yakuza games so you get to learn them better. Gotta go so can't type more lol
Thanks for the reply. I think I posted a stupid question actually as I've already know the answer really, lol. After all we have youtube, can watch anything there and I did that already before.. I did that again watching some Yakuza other games and Judgment.. aaand just like I thought before they're really nothing like Shenmue, just totally different vibe, story style, gameplay..

Morning Glory (Asagao) Orphanage in Okinawa.

I went to Okinawa because of 3 and it is EXACTLY how the game portrays it.

Main cast for 3 is still fairly large; none of the games have a small amount of roles.

Japan is in general portraid rather well in the Yakuza games. I have been to Tokyo before playing the modern Yakuza games and the got the feeling really well. The only difference was that I was never attacked while walking to through the real life Tokyo.:cool:

My favorite is the original Yakuza NOT the Yakuza Kiwami that game was bullshit. I have played every game in the franchise at least 3 times each. Including the spinoffs Judgement and Lost Judgement I own every game that has come out. Yakuza Yakuza 2 Yakuza 3 Yakuza 4 (digital only) Yakuza 5 Yakuza 6 Yakuza 7 and all the Kiwamis as well as Yakuza Dead Souls which I thought was really bad but playable. I love this series as much as Shenmue. I have also played Fist of the North Star. I thought that was a good game.

Last edited:
Never saw your post, Tsukuyo, so sorry for the late reply, but you touch on some points in your second paragraph:

1. That was the whole point in Kiryu leaving; he knows their bond is unbreakable and because of this, if he sticks around, so will she and what will follow is a mess of bs, heartache and a worse life, as everyone and everything that is involved with Kiryu, is downtrodden.

2. Because they have assisted each other with their weaknesses, through bonding and the growth between a father/daughter, they CAN live separately in happiness (well, Kiryu is happy that she's happy, but there is surely a bit of longing there).

It's why that ending is brilliant and perfectly-executed; it shows what Nagosh and Yokoyama (and others) have been trying to convey since the beginning: these are NOT everyday heroes that we should emulate or sympathise for; they have killed/maimed/destroyed people and their lives, they are involved with a horrible, criminal underworld, where the only positives that come out of it, are temporary and fleeting (which mean the same thing, I know lol) and there is no lasting happiness or positivity that comes out of it.

The best quote for this in the entire series, is in 5:

Phenomenal writing.

I actually feel bad for Haruto the most lol, but as he grows up, he probably won't remember who Kiryu was at all (that last scene has me bawling... I'm about to tear up just thinking about it :'().

But yeah, a lot of fans didn't like that, but that's what makes that ending/plot/game so damn brilliant; how it bucked the trend, did something refreshing and actually gave PEACE to both of the characters.

Phenomenal writing.
I loved what kiryu did. He needed to show tough love or everything that he has fought for would have been for nothing.

I loved Y1 at the time (PS2) but it's a deeply flawed game. Y2 improved the formula in so many ways, so much so that Y3 felt like a sidewards step to me -- not enough progress was made going from PS2 to PS3. I'd appreciate it more now...maybe. Y4 was a slow burn but I really liked the characters...and that was the last one I played! Despite buying them all.

My order would be 2 > 1 (mostly nostalgia) > 4 > 3
Why do you think it was a flawed game? it had great story writing and yes the controls were a bit tankish but overall great start to an awesome series.

I've complete Yakuza 1-4, Like a Dragon, the two Judgment games and Dead Souls. All games are very entertaining, even the Zombie Yakuza.

Never played 5,6, Zero and the Samurai games. (Also the Fist game if it counts) For me Yakuza 7 (Like A Dragon) is 10/10 game. This is the best game from the ones I've played.

1. Yakuza 7 (Like A Dragon) 10/10
2. Lost Judgment 9/10
3. Yakuza 2 9/10
4. Yakuza: Dead Souls 8.5/10
5. Yakuza 3 8/10
6. Judgment 8/10
7. Yakuza 1 7.5/10
8. Yakuza 4 7.5/10

Last edited:
I've complete Yakuza 1-4, Like a Dragon, the two Judgment games and Dead Souls. All games are very entertaining, even the Zombie Yakuza.

Never played 5,6, Zero and the Samurai games. (Also the Fist game if it counts) For me Yakuza 7 (Like A Dragon) is 10/10 game. This is the best game from the ones I've played.

2. Lost Judgment 9/10
3. Yakuza 2 9/10
5. Yakuza 3 8/10
6. Judgment 8/10
7. Yakuza 1 7.5/10
8. Yakuza 4 7.5/10
After playing Yakuza 0-6 the 2 Kiwami's Yakuza remastered and Dead Souls I thought that I would completely hate that it went to turn base fighting in fact I did hate it. I only tolerated it because I was using a trainer 10 Yakuza games TEN with Beat em up mechanics and they go ahead and went to turn base. I was taught if it ain't broke don't fix it. But I have to say that it was a unique twist on a classic series. It took me a while to get use to the old school style RPG method of fighting but i did end up liking the cutscenes of the magic and it went well with the story.

2. Lost Judgment 9/10
3. Yakuza 2 9/10
5. Yakuza 3 8/10
6. Judgment 8/10
7. Yakuza 1 7.5/10
8. Yakuza 4 7.5/10
in your list is that Yakuza PS2 or Kiwami

Back