Fangmei and Eileen not showing up at Man Mo Bistro anymore

I thought I was doing every thing right for Fangmei's birthday. I started the library books around the 18th of February so I decided I had to waste alot of time, mostly doing the duck race sidequest. I met Eileen around the 20th so that I could do the fights with Eileen and Izumi and to do the duck race. I did NOT interact with Fangmei and Eileen at Man Mo Bistro but I waited for Fangmei to exit so I could talk to her outside as she was walking back to Man Mo Temple to get more relationship points. Even after I met her outside of Man Mo Bistro, not triggering the cutscene, I was still able to see her walking that way again the next day. I started Chawan signs on the 27th. I got the paper that says to go to the COGH on the 27th. I did not go to Sky Blue Beer Garden. I made a save outside of there before I entered and the cutscene triggered so I loaded my save back to before I meet them there. I waited til the 28th to go to the COGH and Man Mo Park. Before that, I did a chawan sign at Man Mo Bistro after 1:30PM. I went to Man Mo park on the 28th and failed the battle. I rested til March 01, aired out books , and went to Man Mo Bistro at 11, and noon, and Fangmei and Eileen weren't there!!!
What did I do wrong? DId I wait too long after meeting Eileen to meet them at Man Mo Bistro? But I had to do this on March 01 right?
edit: I solved my own problem. Fangmei is sweeping in Xiuying's room the day after he loses the battle. So I went back and did the battle a on the 27th. Then after the 28th, the day she spends in Xiuying's room, they showed up again on March 01 :disrelieved::flushed:

Last edited:
Man, I remember wanting to do this side quest but it was just too long for me. I would have had to waste a lot of in game days. Glad it worked out for you.

Man, I remember wanting to do this side quest but it was just too long for me. I would have had to waste a lot of in game days. Glad it worked out for you.
Yes that is the order of events that I did this in. Meeting Eileen in Pidgeon Park and doing the duck race doesn't interfere. So there's in case you are afraid she's not there on the day after the Man Mo park battle if you lose, she's in Xiuyings room. I successfully talked to them in the Bistro, and talked to Eileen and bought the broach. Now I just have to kill time on March 02 and go to Fangmei on 03. This is before the Doujiang Diner Chawan sign part. I will complete that after I go visit Fangmei and Eileen at the Sky Blue Beer Garden after I give her the birthday gift. Lol. It's quite tedious.
Edit: The Fangmei birthday event was successful! And after that I met her and Eileen at the Beer Garden. Then the next day after the Dou Jiang Diner fight, I went to Man Mo Bistro and saved Fangmei, and then went back to Man Mo Temple and got our picture taken. I will upload the gameplay video to youtube.
Here is the yt of part of my playthrough of Shenmue 2, near the end of the video is where he gives her the gift.

Last edited:
Back