DoG 25 Underrated Video Game Soundtracks

Link to article

"There’s a little room for debate regarding just how overlooked the Shenmue soundtrack really is. After all, many fans of the franchise regularly rank it among gaming’s greatest musical achievements. Yet, it never feels like the soundtrack gets the widespread love it so richly deserves.

What’s remarkable about the Shenmuesoundtrack is the way that the composers managed to account for so many different moods, locales, and characters. In fact, we’d go so far as to say that the game’s “epic” action movie tracks pale in comparison to the tranquil beauty of the sounds that accompany your walks through the title's revolutionary world."

Funny that it never really occured to me that this was an underrated OST, it's probably my favourite soundtrack ever.

Killer Instinct (2013). Best soundtrack ever. Everyone needs to listen to it, regardless of what you think of the actual game. Seasons 1 and 2 were composed by Mick Gordon, who also composed the music for DOOM. Season 3 of KI is also very good, especially "Watchman of the Gods" which is Tusk's theme.

The greatest soundtrack of all time...
A range of ambient artistry and human emotion unlike any other...
A masterpiece which pieced a masterpiece...

And still goes on...

Timeless...

Damn that's so embarrassing. I forgot about that Project Berkley translation.

Didn't know Yu was in a rock band though lol

Other than this list, I have to add in Maximum Tune, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Fighter’s Megamix, and Sonic CD Japan/PAL

I'm going to add Sega Rally to this list lived the music on that game

Devil May Cry has decent music too

Back