Cyberpunk 2077

Guppy

Level-Headed Mud Spider

Aside from nitpicking a few aspects I don't like, it is shaping up to be like a dream game though I hope I really can choose to be a viable non gun yielder for the entire game if player freedom is really what they are preaching here.

maybe this sounds weird but the first person perspective totally kills it for me.
its a role playing game with your own character, i want see my character, i want to see the animations,
i want to see different camera angles while my character is talking to somebody, i want to see the new armor that i found.
the first person perspective always scares me off because
its no fun for me to see nothing else than 2 hands and a gun for like ... 50+ hours.

i know that the first person perspective is supposed to be more immersive
but it doesnt work for me. its okay in a quick non story (multiplayer) game like Battlefield, Doom or Counter Strike
but a singleplayer story game in first person is a no go, especially if its a RPG.

maybe this sounds weird but the first person perspective totally kills it for me.
its a role playing game with your own character, i want see my character, i want to see the animations,
i want to see different camera angles while my character is talking to somebody, i want to see the new armor that i found.
the first person perspective always scares me off because
its no fun for me to see nothing else than 2 hands and a gun for like ... 50+ hours.

i know that the first person perspective is supposed to be more immersive
but it doesnt work for me. its okay in a quick non story (multiplayer) game like Battlefield, Doom or Counter Strike
but a singleplayer story game in first person is a no go, especially if its a RPG.

From the footage it looks like some of the cutscenes are in third person.

They probably went FPS because the combat in the witcher was kinda wonky (at least for me), also cyberpunk and guns do mix well (and there's too many third person shooters).

I expected something less action oriented though and something more gritty, less neon.

Looks a step above this gen.

@Tosh

I somewhat agree. When I first heard it was an FPS game I was disappointed too. Seeing the gameplay has alleviated some of those fears but I still think they should have experimented with some kind of 3rd person view.

Weirdly, I guess of have to agree about the first-person perspective hurting it a bit. I never really thought about it before, but first-person actually makes the scale feel less-impressive. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I find that if I'm looking through my character's eyes, the world always feels a bit more videogame-y, but if you're always looking at them in third-person, you actually get to see just how small you are in this grand, open world.
Funny, that quality never really crossed my mind before.

But anyway, aside from all that, the game looks fine. I was honestly expecting more out of the gameplay after there was so goddamn much hype generated by the E3 demo some people got to play. There were big long articles describing in detail everything about it, and sucking its dong about how groundbreakingly amazing it was the whole way through... but now seeing it, it just feels kind of "eh."
I'm sure I'll play it eventually, but probably not at launch. This thing is going to be so riddled with bugs when it first comes out.

Weirdly, I guess of have to agree about the first-person perspective hurting it a bit. I never really thought about it before, but first-person actually makes the scale feel less-impressive. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I find that if I'm looking through my character's eyes, the world always feels a bit more videogame-y, but if you're always looking at them in third-person, you actually get to see just how small you are in this grand, open world.
Funny, that quality never really crossed my mind before.

But anyway, aside from all that, the game looks fine. I was honestly expecting more out of the gameplay after there was so goddamn much hype generated by the E3 demo some people got to play. There were big long articles describing in detail everything about it, and sucking its dong about how groundbreakingly amazing it was the whole way through... but now seeing it, it just feels kind of "eh."
I'm sure I'll play it eventually, but probably not at launch. This thing is going to be so riddled with bugs when it first comes out.

Spot on on both points. The whole thing about first person being more immersive is nonsense. When I think of the games that have sucked me into their world the most, they are all third person: Shenmue, Mass Effect, Persona 5, Metal Gear and The Witcher.

Also on the second point, how the mainstream media and YouTubers hyped the hell of the game, aside from it looking pretty, it done not match the ridiculous amount of hype it got. Though is does look amazing.

I don't mind it being FPS. Seeing how dense the city is the camera and controls would probably be awkward if in third person. As long as the driving can be in third person I have no issues at all.

I have no idea why is everyone so eager to suck cyberpunks dic- when to me this looks like deus ex again. Probably nice game but I was expecting third person and FPS is a huge let down for me. Overall because of all the hype, this seems pretty meh so far. Nothing special.

I'm definitely interested to see how it goes, and personally for me the FPS aspect isn't that much of a dealbreaker to me. But I must admit, out of the 45 minutes, I would have loved to have seen stuff that wasn't necessarily the missions, and wasn't necessarily jumping from one shooting scenario straight to the other. At the risk of sounding boring, I wanted to see the stuff that you can do in your downtime during the game. I know that the game seems to boast quite a lot of detail in its city, and environment and I suppose I'm hoping those details aren't all surface level and are just a really nice looking shell over what is essentially a game trying to point you towards the next mission.

Though admittedly, I've not read up on the game too much so this could still very much be the case. And I know that things are still very early on in making the game as well. I was just curious to see what the game had to offer beyond the action, and in that sense I was left just a little disappointed. But I try and hold back on any judgment until a project is finished.

I remember following this before there were any actual trailers or screenshots and I love the idea of cyberpunk in general. Seeing the trailer and then this video absolutely fascinates me. I haven't played The Witcher series, but I enjoyed Kingdom Come Deliverance as a first person RPG and looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Once they announced it was FPS, I lost all interest in it.
Glad im not alone in this. Cannot stand first person perspective games. Doesn't matter if its a shooter or a walking sim.

I still watched the gameplay since CDPR is a high regarded developer and i enjoyed The Witcher but yeah it doesn't do it for me. The driving section seems to have a 3rd person camera mode which looks really good but oh well. Maybe PC gamers will mod a 3rd person mode in.

I am looking Forward to it and I do not mind it is First Person at all. It would be less intersting to me if it had the generic Third Person camera every modern game have. And that you have to adjust the camera all the time to see what is going one. This one of the Things in modern games I do not like much at all. I prefer games with fixed camera Systems. In that regard I am totally stuck in the Retro Zone I guess.

I am also going that far, that with 3rd Person Cyberpunk would not be the same. It would be just a genric 3rd Person Scifi Game, we have already soon so often. Of Course I have to admit that first Person games with Scifi Elements aren't really a novelty as well but a first Person Action Rgb is something Special. Still not a novelty, there are similar games like Deus Ex or System Shock but it is still intersting. Gives the game a certain Flair.

Back