Cross compatibility saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of complicated question. This is 1 of the very few games I will buy for ps4, both physical copy and digitally. I know for a fact where im getting the physical copy they will have it 3-4 days before release. Will the save from the physical, work with the digital copy that comes a few days later? I know the yakuza games on ps4 had this function,but there are also games that don't work with saves like that.

I would assume so. Whether physical or digital, the two versions are going to use the same engine and save system, so there's no reason they wouldn't be compatible like that.

Since Sega did it already with the yakuza games,I guess theres no reason they wouldn't do it with Shenmue.

We haven't had issues with cross compat saves in digital to disc or vise versa since the PS3.
So it should be fine.

We haven't had issues with cross compat saves in digital to disc or vise versa since the PS3.
So it should be fine.
Supposedly Yakuza 4 on PS3 has this issue with it's physical/digital versions (many people got it on ps+ and seem to run into this issue).

tbh I wouldn't worry about it OP, I think the physical/digital editions saves will be cross compatible like most games (we won't know for sure I suppose until release probably, or you can ask about it on sega's stream today/twitter if you wish) best to probably wait since we're not that far away from launch.

As long as the digital/physical versions are from the same region (and not the Japanese release) i'd say the chances of it not being compatible are low considering few games fall into that category.

The yakuza games on ps4, that I have as digital and physical that work with saves are yakuza 0,1,6, so I will just assume since its Sega we are safe

I just remembered 1 of the ps4 games, that doesn't work with cross compatible saving from disc to physical. Its Until Dawn.

@AXM I've heard instances of it happening on consoles as well depending on the game but most of the time it's because of the game's region or for onlien-only GaaS games. I don't think it'll be an issue with this (as with most games) but yeah, it just can't be said with certainty (just as with any platform) until it comes out.

And with that: Thread will be closed as it's run it's course. Feel free to make a new thread should this come to be an issue at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back