Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Yeah, i start to believe the game is trolling me. According to my "absolute" Counter, I am now on 200 herbs in Niaowu. The last 4 or so herbs i found where licorice, i begin to suspect those are just rewspans. My second counter is unclear, it is the number of all herbs currently in my possession, minus the ones i collected in bailu which sums to 195. You would have to add 2 herbs for Troubled Drug Store quest plus an unknown amount for one scroll i unfortunately exchanged.
Do we have a numbers of single herbs in Niaowu which must be collected?
Is 32 licorice to much already?
Its 199 supposedly, but respawns do not count. One of the herbs for the quest also doesnt count. I believe they respawn when you sell, id advise to stop selling them until you get the trophy so respawns dont interfere with your count

Its 199 supposedly, but respawns do not count. One of the herbs for the quest also doesnt count. I believe they respawn when you sell, id advise to stop selling them until you get the trophy so respawns dont interfere with your count
Well, as far as i read, those common herbs you give away during quests do count. (e.g. if you did the elder yeh quest in Bailu, you would pop the trophy at 188 instead of 191, because 3 herbs are common herbs you collect. I am aware though, that those special herbs/mushrooms don't coun't and i did not. Just the common ones.
Also, i did't sell any herbs in Niaowu, just exchanged one set of herbs, which i did't write down unfortunately.

What I wonder though is, how respawning actually works. Does it really stop if you again have all herbs in your repository you are supposed to have? And it is just coincidence that my last 4 where licorice?
Also i just found a glitching herb, which simply disappears if i get close (I assume i picked that allready, but i am not sure about that)

Well, as far as i read, those common herbs you give away during quests do count. (e.g. if you did the elder yeh quest in Bailu, you would pop the trophy at 188 instead of 191, because 3 herbs are common herbs you collect. I am aware though, that those special herbs/mushrooms don't coun't and i did not. Just the common ones.
Also, i did't sell any herbs in Niaowu, just exchanged one set of herbs, which i did't write down unfortunately.

What I wonder though is, how respawning actually works. Does it really stop if you again have all herbs in your repository you are supposed to have? And it is just coincidence that my last 4 where licorice?
Also i just found a glitching herb, which simply disappears if i get close (I assume i picked that allready, but i am not sure about that)
Absolutely the quest herbs count, excepting for the special ones that are only available during the quest. You shouldnt count the ones that go under the "key items" menu such as the Chai root in the Elder yeh quest in Bailu and one of the roots for the pharmacy quest.

I can say for my Niaowu hoarding that no herbs have respawned ever. I didnt sell or exchange any during the trophy hunt. What would make sense is that common herbs respawn when you sell or exchange them, while rarer herbs (bellflower, poriacocos, etc) do not. Just my thoughts though

So, my assumption is probably correct, the licorices i collected are most likely respawns from the traded spell. Oh boy.. So worst case i have to find 4 other herbs, best case, the next herb should pop the trophy....

The trophy in Bailu popped for me! :D my last herb was a licorice that was on the walkway to the fishing hut, next to the courtyard of the temple.

And the maps above did help me find the last one at Shenhuas, so many thanks, @Xanatus! :D

So, my assumption is probably correct, the licorices i collected are most likely respawns from the traded spell. Oh boy.. So worst case i have to find 4 other herbs, best case, the next herb should pop the trophy....
Niaowu is better than Bailu because the green areas are well identified, as opposed to Bailu where it is green everywhere. Dont give up. If I could give you any hints:

- behind hotel niaowu there is a small flower field, and one of the herbs there is above ground, between two rocks, on an elevated green area. That one is easy to miss since it is not on ground
- there is only one herb in the right side of the outer area of the Shrine where Shilling is.
- very near the shrine, over at the small coast which goes from the fishing piers to the shrine, there are a few herbs in the gray ground areas (not on grass)
- to the right of cash first pawnshop there is an area with several herbs
- there are herbs inside the duck area in senary road, and some of them are right in the middle of the field (dont focus only on the perimeter)
- check behind the Good River fish shop in senary, close to the stairs
- behind the Tomato convenience store there is a large green area that leads nowhere. Stick to the left as you come back from the end of that area and you will see a separate road going up, which also leads nowhere, but there are two herbs there (i missed this road when i first visited there)
- check really close to buildings on blossom and senary, there are many herbs around them, especially between them

If you still are short there are no ways but to comb, up and down, every grass area in Niaowu again. At least theyre well defined

I DID IT!
This:
- very near the shrine, over at the small coast which goes from the fishing piers to the shrine, there are a few herbs in the gray ground areas (not on grass)

If you still are short there are no ways but to comb, up and down, every grass area in Niaowu again. At least theyre well defined
My final herb was a Crow Dipper, growing by the rock arch to the left, near the water. Almost imposible to find, funnily i ran there and suddenly there was some red glowing... ;)

I DID IT!
This:

My final herb was a Crow Dipper, growing by the rock arch to the left, near the water. Almost imposible to find, funnily i ran there and suddenly there was some red glowing... ;)
Awesome!!! I spent all night looking for them in Bailu yesterday, still no luck, but I know im close! We are going to do it!

Err. I thought Niaowu would be easier than Bailu due to the limited grassy areas, but it seems like with Bailu, there are some herbs that don’t appear until after a certain date. Hopefully I’m past that date, but there are definitely herbs around that weren’t there on my original playthrough owing to me hanging around until April 11 on this playthrough waiting for All of the Bailu herbs to spawn. I have over 450 herbs in my inventory and probably sold 100+ on my first playthrough. When will it end?! At least the 1,000 fish will be low effort, but this is just annoying.

Err. I thought Niaowu would be easier than Bailu due to the limited grassy areas, but it seems like with Bailu, there are some herbs that don’t appear until after a certain date. Hopefully I’m past that date, but there are definitely herbs around that weren’t there on my original playthrough owing to me hanging around until April 11 on this playthrough waiting for All of the Bailu herbs to spawn. I have over 450 herbs in my inventory and probably sold 100+ on my first playthrough. When will it end?! At least the 1,000 fish will be low effort, but this is just annoying.
Tbh I didnt go for the Niaowu herbs until I had everything else done in the city. Do we know that certain herbs will only spawn after a given date?

Good Luck! Over at psnprofiles, somebody posted a link to this Video for Bailu. Maybe it gives you a hint.
hell yeah!!! I was missing herb 16, just by the exit of the stables in shenhua's house. Bailu trophy + expert herbalist popped at once. This video should settle it for everyone, the mysteries surrounding this trophy are over finally. Thanks!

Great! Any tips on how you got all Niaowu herbs?

You mentioned that “there are some herbs that don’t appear until after a certain date” also what about the herbs in areas we cannot revisit such as Old Castle / Ren’s Hideout

Thanks

Great! Any tips on how you got all Niaowu herbs?

You mentioned that “there are some herbs that don’t appear until after a certain date” also what about the herbs in areas we cannot revisit such as Old Castle / Ren’s Hideout

Thanks
I literally just scoured the map until I had found them all, but due to the limited grassy areas it’s a lot easier than Bailu. I’d done one day of hunting on my first playthrough and there were some none-respawning herbs in very obvious places that there’s no way I would have missed, so I can only assume that not all herbs are there from the beginning. I arrived in Niaowu on April 11th/12th in this playthrough and worked through the story grabbing all of the side quests which probably took me towards the end of April. I searched the RS hideout area during the first story beat that takes you there (just avoid going near the door as this will trigger the cutscene) and did not find any herbs at the old castle, so there’s no way that the herbs there count.

Back