Can't get Forklift Loader to work - SOLVED

I apologize, I am a bit of an idiot on this. I thought it was a simple matter of extracting the Forklift Loader directory to my sm2 folder, and then extracting the mods to the mods folder in sm2. I am simply trying to hide the stupid camera icon during Shenmue 2 cutscenes, and I've tried 2 different mods that are supposed to do that, but neither are working. I DID notice that I don't have a "Shenmue I and II" folder like the installation guide describes, instead my directory looks like this.

1545266908418.png

And here is the mods folder.

1545266938107.png

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Probably something stupid. Thanks for any help.

Can anyone else confirm if mod works for them? I just tested it on freshly installed and patched up to 1.07 Shenmue II and it works fine for me.

https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?attachments/tex-zip.1222/
This one removes icon in cutscenes
+
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?attachments/no_camera_icon-zip.1269/
this removes icon during FREE mode

edit: @Dude Longcouch
I've noticed that you have a folder "No_Camera_icon" inside your 'mods' directory, it doesnt look right, could it be that you extracted each archive into individual folders inside 'mods' directory instead of directly extracting content of zip files into it?
i.e, does your path look like this sm2/mods/tex/tex/assets/ui/.. (with double tex) or like this sm2/mods/tex/assets/ui/.. (with single tex folder)?

Last edited:
For each mod, the full path looks like this

1545498017607.png

1545498049855.png

I thought the right way to do it was to just extract the full mod archive directly into the "mods" folder, and leave the tree that it extracted intact. Should it be done another way? Thanks.

It might be that for some reason the extraction software you using creates a folder with archives filenames and extract files in them instead of directly into a 'mods' folder. Paths for both should look like this 'sm2/mods/tex/assets/ui/gamehud/..' avoiding any additional folders between 'mods' and 'tex'

Back