Beta maps in I & II

Favourite title
Shenmue II
So I decided to throw the folders for beta Yamanose and Sakuragaoka into Shenmue I & II.
Very easily and lazily done with Forklift, there was literaly no further adjustment work.

This is great because they work pretty well as they are, no tweaking of any kind necessary. They get fused with the regular maps and there are some left over objects from the retail maps, wich isn't ideal. In Sakuragaoka it isn't bad at all but Yamanose has a bunch of textures fighting with each other.

It's pretty cool to check them out in I & II, with the higher fidelity it offers. Of course they cannot be used to replace the retail version because the loading zones don't work and any event or cutscene will crash the game.

There are also beta maps for the harbor, the old warehouse disctrict and old warehouse no 8. They didn't work well at all. Harbor didn't do a thing at all for some reason and the other two worked in place of Dobuita, but Ryo kept moaning about how he should stick around the area, as the game kept putting the bus stop exit everywhere for some reason. They might work better if you just put them in the right place, so they override the corresponding retail maps as above.

Back