Battle Rally DLC next week!

I’ve just played it for 15 mins and either I’m missing something or it’s not that easy to unlock the rest of the courses. Best I’ve come in is 2nd in the first course.

I blasted the first course with Ren. Not collected anything yet. Just literally a quick run. With stat gains you are bound to do better.

High level success is tied to the collecting aspect.

Looking forward to enjoying this tonight.

Play the first map in the Bailu Chan Hunt.

oh is that how it works? Only had limited time to play right now so wanted to give it a quick go. It is very addictive I’ll say that.

thanks mate

I blasted the first course with Ren. Not collected anything yet. Just literally a quick run. With stat gains you are bound to do better.

High level success is tied to the collecting aspect.

Looking forward to enjoying this tonight.

That makes sense. Cheers! :)

Its really good fun. Addictive for sure.

Bailu-Chan is a bugger but its, again, very good fun and a welcome addition. Well worth it.

I’m really looking forward to the chan part. Loved hunting for the little dudes in Niaowu. I thought that should have most definitely been a trophy.
It's good fun. Some of them are proper well hidden as well. Hope your cursive is good ;)

Well that was a sweet but short trip. Took me less than 2 hours to find all the Bailu-Chans and set records on all the courses.

Some of the little guys were pretty tricky to find but for some reason I had very little trouble overall. The radar helped tremendously but I guess knowing from the Chobu-Chans how they generally tend to hide these things was also a big help.

For the fighting I just came up with a simple and highly effective strategy with Ryo that, once I really got it worked out, got me the record score in the medium and long courses on the first or at least second try.

oh is that how it works? Only had limited time to play right now so wanted to give it a quick go. It is very addictive I’ll say that.

thanks mate

Yes. I think it's not needed to find every single Chan, because that unlocks others rewards. Maybe to unlock the courses you need 50 or 75%, but I'm not sure.

No problem!

I have to say this DLC is really really fun. Has that old school Sega Arcade feel to it. That said it just make me wish that this type of gameplay was present in the game proper. Maybe these assets can be used going forward for Shenmue 4. If there was fighting sequences like this in the game, and control over different characters, that really would have been a game changer.

Despite that, I love this! I really like playing as Wei.

I’ve just played it for 15 mins and either I’m missing something or it’s not that easy to unlock the rest of the courses. Best I’ve come in is 2nd in the first course.

Play as Wei Chen. Use the balanced leg attack on any normal bad guy. User the crane kick on the big guy (the first one), then switch back to the balanced leg. That should help you just beat the 1st score.

So I noticed that a star appears next to each course to signify which characters you have beat the record with. I beat the records with Ryo first and then went back to see if there's any unlocks for beating the game with all three main characters. You literally don't unlock anything... until you've done them all.

YOU UNLOCK A SECRET CHARACTER!

Iiwr27r.jpg

Gameplay video:

Lmao this is awesome.

Chobu Chan sucks to play as but this was a great surprise.

So I noticed that a star appears next to each course to signify which characters you have beat the record with. I beat the records with Ryo first and then went back to see if there's any unlocks for beating the game with all three main characters. You literally don't unlock anything... until you've done them all.

YOU UNLOCK A SECRET CHARACTER!

Iiwr27r.jpg

Gameplay video:

Lmao this is awesome.

Chobu Chan sucks to play as but this was a great surprise.
Hahahaha that’s amazing. He’s so slow!! I love it.

Not sure if I’m reading you right, but you have to manually install the add-on after the update self installs.

Option isn’t there. I’ve already purchased DLC collection pack and updated but under add-one it isn’t even listed. Don’t tell me I have to wait until midnight here in PST? Ugh...

Back