Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

it kind of doesnt matter if it arrives tomorrow for me or tuesday, cause im likely not free to play it until Tuesday night anyway.

I'm tempted to just hold off anyway and bumrush through the end of death stranding since I'm pretty decently into it and I do not want to be spoiled on whats apparently an mgs2 tier finale. But I also figure shenmue 3 is a good game to play in short bursts.

I really wish I’d played Shenmue 2 in advance, but there’s no way I can resist playing this the second it shows up in my mailbox tomorrow. I don’t want to be late to the party and I want to be able to discuss it with all of you.

I really wish I’d played Shenmue 2 in advance, but there’s no way I can resist playing this the second it shows up in my mailbox tomorrow. I don’t want to be late to the party and I want to be able to discuss it with all of you.
You never played 2? Hell nah hold off on 3 then you dont want to spoil 2 at all that game is great.

I was doing a proper Shenmue 1 to Shenmue 2 play through on the Dreamcast as of a few days ago but when I went to change Shenmue 2 (disc 1 to disc 2) the Dreamcast died. I am in the US and have always had the worst luck with Shenmue 2. It seems to always kill my US Dreamcasts. It is very annoying.

I was doing a proper Shenmue 1 to Shenmue 2 play through on the Dreamcast as of a few days ago but when I went to change Shenmue 2 (disc 1 to disc 2) the Dreamcast died. I am in the US and have always had the worst luck with Shenmue 2. It seems to always kill my US Dreamcasts. It is very annoying.

Out of curiosity, how do you play S2 on a US Dreamcast?

Out of curiosity, how do you play S2 on a US Dreamcast?

-Game Shark Cheats and Codes disc.

Well back in the day I use to boot my PAL Shenmue 2 copy with the Innovation Game Converter disc.

Recently I was finally able to get a brand new PAL copy of Shenmue 1 so I was excited to play through the 2 games proper (with transfer) as well as buy the Bahar Bros Gekko HDMI box.

But I noticed that the Dreamcast screen would not boot through the Gekko box so I found out I needed another boot disc that did not disable the VGA signal. I guess the Innovation disc was disabling that.

So I bought the Game Shark Cheats and Codes disc and that worked.

It just seems that I have the worst luck with import games because they tend to wear down the laser.

Maybe this has already been answered, but I assume the Kickstarter copies are just the "Day 1 Edition" copies that are hitting store shelves, right?

I just assume everyone is getting a "Day 1 Edition" no matter what.

Meaning the DLC extras (not the season pass) should come packed in for everyone?

Has there been a definitive answer to that question or not?

Maybe this has already been answered, but I assume the Kickstarter copies are just the "Day 1 Edition" copies that are hitting store shelves, right?

I just assume everyone is getting a "Day 1 Edition" no matter what.

Meaning the DLC extras (not the season pass) should come packed in for everyone?

Has there been a definitive answer to that question or not?
They are definitively NOT the Day 1 Editions. Numerous people have posted 'unboxing' vids and they aren't the Day 1 Editions in there.

That's too bad. It's completely kaput?

That's too bad. It's completely kaput?
I'm not sure its kind of weird. The swap disc image was on screen, I took the 1st disc out, then put the 2nd disc in and closed the lid. The screen went black like it was loading and I could hear the Dreamcast doing a faint "whirring" then stop....then "whirr" then stop and continue on and on. So I decided to just turn off the Dreamcast and try the boot cycle and now when it checks disc it says "no disc found" or whatever.

I dont know if fiddling with the laser screw underneath will fix it or if there is something else easier I could do.

Back