Anything Exciting Planned?

Jetmcfancy

Used to be Cyclonus
Feel free to delete this if it's deemed inappropriate in any way. I thought it might have been nice to have a place where people could share any exciting plans they've got. Like, if they're going to any concerts/shows/sports games/conventions, or just something they're looking forward to. Anything where they can have a little brag and someone else can be like "Hey, that's pretty cool! I wish I was going!" Or the very rare "No way! I'm going too! Please don't make eye contact with me.."

Also it might just be a generally fun way to learn about the interests and passions of other members. Of course you can also say absolutely nothing at all and not tell anyone what you're up to and that's fine as well.

SO...with the awkward set up out the way...

Anything exciting planned?

I just got back from Colorado. Drove up to Mt Evans, did some hiking, and checked out the Red Rocks Amphitheater. I was born there, so it was nice to go back. Also got to catch up with some family I haven't seen in many years. It's a beautiful state, and I highly recommend visiting.

Vending at a small music festival in about a month. Looking forward to twisting tops with the men. Is that still a thing with the beers? Hopefully I won't lose money but live music, drinking, good company, and doing my thing should be a good time!

Live music and good weather sounds like a winning combination to me! The good company is always a great bonus too!

I'd love to be near some kind of mountain, but the best I can hope for living in London suburbs is a really steep hill with the sun beating down on me. Not quite as awe-inspiring!

I'm hoping that the end of a long week is going to see me enjoying Iron Maiden over the weekend. The hope part is largely down to me somehow managing to snag tickets before saturday. But still, it's nice to be excited about something you might not even end up going to!

Heading to Edinburgh at the weekend for a night of vocal anthems and house music, the event is 11pm-5am and I'm genuinely already filled with dread about how I'm going to feel after it.

Aside from that I'm really looking forward to seeing Smashing Pumpkins in London in October, it's a 3/4 reunion, greatest hits tour of one of my favourite bands. :love:

Heading to Edinburgh at the weekend for a night of vocal anthems and house music, the event is 11pm-5am and I'm genuinely already filled with dread about how I'm going to feel after it.

Aside from that I'm really looking forward to seeing Smashing Pumpkins in London in October, it's a 3/4 reunion, greatest hits tour of one of my favourite bands. :love:

I went and saw the smashing pumpkins a few years back now when they were touring with the Zeitgeist album. They put on a pretty great show all things considered! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Live music and good weather sounds like a winning combination to me! The good company is always a great bonus too!

I'd love to be near some kind of mountain, but the best I can hope for living in London suburbs is a really steep hill with the sun beating down on me. Not quite as awe-inspiring!

I'm hoping that the end of a long week is going to see me enjoying Iron Maiden over the weekend. The hope part is largely down to me somehow managing to snag tickets before saturday. But still, it's nice to be excited about something you might not even end up going to!
I would rather see Iron maiden lol.
I don't mind the rain because I have a huge/nice rain setup so if you want to stay dry, you got to buy, or provide a good drink ?

I do that all the time, I get excited for a show and miss it by a mile. It's usually that I completely space and forget about
The show. Hell I have been trying to see Testament for the past 20 year.

I would rather see Iron maiden lol.
I don't mind the rain because I have a huge/nice rain setup so if you want to stay dry, you got to buy, or provide a good drink ?

I do that all the time, I get excited for a show and miss it by a mile. It's usually that I completely space and forget about
The show. Hell I have been trying to see Testament for the past 20 year.

That's a pretty savvy business plan!

I have a habit of thinking "Oh, I'd like to see these guys." Then like you I forget about it until it's coming up and I wonder if any tickets are left and the answer is almost always no. Or, alternatively I set reminders and really want to go and see something and it sells out really quickly like what happened with Pearl Jam and NIN, so I've kind of stopped getting my hopes up now haha.

The forgetfulness sucks!! The most recent show I went to was Clutch. The stars were aligned perfectly for that one. Plus the wife got the tickets so I didn't have to remember. Lol

Back