Amazon Now Shipping!

Telekill

Sega Game Gear Enthusiast
Currently playing
Resident Evil 5 (PS4), Helldivers 2 (PS5), God of War: R (PS5)
I got the email earlier today that Amazon has shipped my copy of the Shenmue HD Collection! :eek:

The only problem I've had is that my order was not given the 20% off for my preorder. I'm guessing it was because I ordered it before the discount was applied to the game. I just figured it would have been automatically fixed on their end. I guess not. Oh well... the $30 asking price is more than fair.

HYPED!

What region? US? Nothing here. :(

Yep... US.

I thought that Amazon did offer you the lowest price when you preorder? I remember reading that on their site at least.

I checked now and found this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201133130
This applies apparently if you buy from them, not other sellers. Or maybe they will refund later on as described there?

Eh... I'm honestly not worried about it. If they refund me the diff... great.

The only problem I've had is that my order was not given the 20% off for my preorder. I'm guessing it was because I ordered it before the discount was applied to the game. I just figured it would have been automatically fixed on their end. I guess not. Oh well... the $30 asking price is more than fair.
If you go to the product page now, they aren't even showing the 20% off for Prime members anymore. They only retroactively apply price updates if it decreases for everyone.

And yeah, it looks like I'm paying full price too, even though I could've sworn I went in and updated it after they activated the prime discount to get the lower rate. Same for Yakuza Kiwami 2 for a week later, that still shows prime discount on the site but not my order. I don't really want to cancel my order and recreate it just to get the $10 discount on that.

Edit: The prime discount terms have changed:
Offer does not apply to certain video game products such as toys to life, collector’s editions, re-releases, re-masters, and product bundles including but not limited to console game bundles and accessory bundles.
https://www.cnet.com/news/did-amazon-just-nix-its-20-percent-prime-discount-for-remastered-games/

Also, lucky you. My day 1 Amazon pre-order has not yet shipped. They are weird sometimes when it comes to pre-orders. For example, I pre-ordered Mario Odyssey on Switch from Amazon over a month before release. My copy did not ship until the day before release and arrived on release day. My sister, who lives 45 minutes away but is still in the same delivery region (and closer to the nearest Amazon fulfillment center) pre-ordered the exact same game 3 days before release, it shipped the next day and she got it a day before release. To rub it in some more, she got the quick delivery because of me. I've been a prime member for about 10 years now, and joined back when it was just free 2-day shipping before Prime Music and Video were other perks of the service. Back then you could share the service with up to 5 family members, even if you didn't live at the same address. They removed that several years ago and now family sharing is only for families at the same address, but my sister and my parents are still grandfathered into the old sharing so they still have free 2-day shipping via me still having an active prime subscription. (They don't have access to the other benefits that didn't exist then though)

Last edited:
Honestly, that's BS that they showed the lower price when I initially pre-ordered it, only to change the price without notifying me. I could have canceled and ordered from Best Buy with my Gamers Club membership.

My preorder hasn't been shipped yet. I'm in Germany and I hope it will ship tomorrow.

Concerning the price change, from my experience Amazon does charge you the lower price when zou preorder something and the price goes up during the time between the day zou preorder and the release date. Never encountered a problem with that.

My Amazon US pre-order shipped today. This does not mean that I'll have it tomorrow, but I'm hoping for that to happen. There haven't been any tracking scans yet so I don't know where it's shipping from to figure out whether it will show up tomorrow or not. (Delivery estimate is Tuesday though) Based on my previous experiences, I'm expecting it to be transferred to the postal service a few hours after they go out for mail delivery tomorrow, just barely missing my chance to get it early.

Despite my previous post linking to the article showing the new terms that re-releases and remasters no longer qualify for the discount and my order history showing it as full price, it appears they gave me the Prime discount. The shipment email shows the discounted price. I do remember going back in after they added the Prime discount on April 28th and resetting the ship method to get it to show the Prime price, so this could be why I got it. But when I went into my order history yesterday, it was not showing the discount anymore.

Yeah my orders have yet so show shipped today. But when they do I guess it will be today. Before the end of the day I assume it would have shipped. If there is anything wrong with the prime discount I will say something but from what I am showing in my order history it is still active on the orders I made. It is common for amazon to remove preorder discounts before release though. I see on final fantasy VII remake that the prime discount is still there including on resident evil 2 remake. So maybe they just want to remove prime discount on a whim or because they can, but for special games will leave It there? who knows.

I ordered mine from Amazon US it hasn't shipped yet I'm thinking it will be shipped tomorrow because I think there's a amazon warehouse not too far from my home.

Now Amazon Spain says that the game will be dispatched next week... if is not send tomorrow I will be cancelling it and going to a store

Got my E-mail last night. Coming in tomorrow by 1PM. So psyched.

Amazon still hasn’t shipped for me and is now pushing the delivery time to 11pm tomorrow. Sigh...

I think I’ll cancel and go to GameStop or Best Buy.

Amazon is slow with telling when something shipped mind supposedly shipped since Sunday but I got the email today. so yeah, I think people are being impatient. Then there are those orders that do not ship till the next week, and you have to cancel and go to the store and hope they have it in stock on that day.

The estimated delivery date from Amazon is 22-23 August for me. The order can still be canceled so I guess that it hasn't been shipped yet and will arrive even later. The same happened when I preordered the latest Deus Ex there.

I'm wondering if I'll cancel instead and go to the store when they start selling it (for some reason the 24th). Since it's only one or two days difference, being able to walk in and pick up a Shenmue copy might be a more interesting experience. And there are several fans in the house, so we also bought the pc-version so one person can start playing at least.

Back