Akira Toriyama has passed away.

Favourite title
Shenmue

Dragon Ball Z was everything to me and my brother when we were kids. We worshipped it. It's shaped who I am today. My hobbies and interests and I am sure my interest in Shenmue too. That is how much Akira Toriyama has had an impact on my life.

I don't often feel anything for famous people dying, but this man had such a massive impact on my life that I would have to be dead inside not to feel anything. I hope he rests in peace, and I truly mean that.

Great loss not only for the manga/animation, but for gaming too.

Just yesterday a friend was talking about his new game that is similar to blue dragon. :(

There is a practice in Japan of covering up the death of someone famous for weeks, even months. People can talk about him without knowing that he's not with us anymore.

He won't be forgotten. RIP.

I can't believe it. Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump changed my life. This is just... I can't believe it. RIP.

RIP. Dragon Ball was one the series tat introduced to me the anime/manga world.

I heard it this morning and it really shook me up.

Even 25 years after being introduced to it, DragonBall remains my favorite thing in fiction ever.

RIP Toriyama-san and thanks for brightening up my life with your work.

RIP to an absolute legend who influenced our collective childhoods for 40+ years straight.
Forget the games, anime adaptations, etc... Dragon Ball will always remain one of the greatest manga one could ever read.

Back