110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta admit, "I'd like to make Shenmue 4 at some point" does not inspire confidence that the game is under development, I realize he may have said that prior to Shenmue 3's announcement, but that was different, Shenmue 3 never 'happened' until the Kickstarter was done. So he was technically right.

But with Shenmue 4's case, it wouldn't make sense to say that if the game is under active development (and seemingly on the verge of being announced).

I'm leaning more towards this being a new IP by Yu Suzuki. Why 110 are liking all the Shenmue 4 tweets? If I had to guess, they believe in "any publicity is good publicity", and also they realize Shenmue fans will probably gobble up anything by Yu (I don't think that's true, tho).

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

I hate to say it, but this spot on and exactly why I said the article isn't exactly wrong...

Hmm hope things become clearer soon.

I'm walking into today to enjoy the moment that the Anime has been awesome and push for the second season.

Should 110 announce anything then that's the icing on the cake but I'm not expecting it.

Hell I'd rather they waited and got things perfectly ready before pulling the trigger on whatever the hell it is.

#LetsGetShenmue4
#ShenmueAnime2

I brought a couple of apples into work today to celebrate regardless of what happens. And by a "couple", I actually just mean one, but as we all know a couple can literally mean anything really :whistle:

horse-dead.gif

Do you think they'll announce it today? Since it's Shenmue day and all,

Not sure.

I think that they might continue the teasing today tbh. The E3 is only a little bit more than a month away, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the announcement for this event. Nonetheless, I expect some teasing for this special day. If there's nothing, I'll be immensely surprised. And also a bit pessimistic about Shenmue 4 by 110

I'm walking into today to enjoy the moment that the Anime has been awesome and push for the second season.

Should 110 announce anything then that's the icing on the cake but I'm not expecting it.

Hell I'd rather they waited and got things perfectly ready before pulling the trigger on whatever the hell it is.

#LetsGetShenmue4
#ShenmueAnime2
Sure but a confirmation would be appreciated, cause people are going to get upset if they hold out on us too long.

I won't lie, but after all this incredibly explicit and obvious teasing if it transpires that they were just stringing us along, then I will be incredibly pissed off. No, I won't hound them or abuse them or anything like that, but I will be more than disappointed.

E3 is cancelled, if you weren't aware.
Yeah, but most publishers will have events throughout June. Xbox already announced a conference for June 12th, pretty sure Sony will have a state of play, and Nintendo a Nintendo Direct. Maybe a PC Gaming Show. Probably a Future Games Show etc...

I won't lie, but after all this incredibly explicit and obvious teasing if it transpires that they were just stringing us along, then I will be incredibly pissed off. No, I won't hound them or abuse them or anything like that, but I will be more than disappointed.

Yeah me too. As I said on a previous post. They went too far with the teasing, without stating that the rumors are sadly false or anything.

I could still understand an announcement of a new Yu Suzuki game that is not Shenmue, and using Shenmue as a way to attract us, even though I'll still think that'd be pretty malicious. But if they don't deliver anything, well, yeah I won't go and harass them (I have way better things to do with my life anyway), but I'll be really pissed at them, and won't see them as trustworthy at all.

Yeah, but most publishers will have events throughout June. Xbox already announced a conference for June 12th, pretty sure Sony will have a state of play, and Nintendo a Nintendo Direct. Maybe a PC Gaming Show. Probably a Future Games Show etc...
Yeah, though it's not exactly "E3" as such. The event itself carries (or carried) a lot of prestige, but a lot has changed even since Shenmue III was announced in 2015. It's not really the same anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is, if they genuinely have something to show this year it might not be in June. It might actually be nice to see TGS as the venue, given that's where 110 decided to make their mark last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back